advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacalhau com natas over at the in-laws today -- a relatively simple yet beautiful dish we shall enjoy eating outside as the weather is ideal. No alcohol unfortunately as I've weight to lose.

Walked the dog.
Been to closed garden centre.
Nearly went for a family walk (son and daughter couldn’t agree so it got sacked off).
Treated/stained (sleepers) garden bench (and tops of fence panels).
Tidied up garage a bit.
Had shower.
Had cup of tea.
Now watching last weeks Superleague Show.
Might go out on bike.
Plans for later, this bottle tells me I’ve got to drink it later:
66-EFE855-1329-41-A2-B7-B9-2-CA03-F4-CF01-A.jpg

The Wife and I cleared some rubbish off of the field.

Lamb and roast taters later.

MotoGp all day.

2 x coats of base coat, 2 x coats of metallic light copper, and a coat of glaze. Inner door casings looking nice

Fitted this in our bedroom yesterday - and surprisingly it works.

iqCSih3l.jpg

The whole time I was fitting it, the GF kept suggesting we get an electrician in LOL. I did panic a bit when about 1000 wires (slight exaggeration) dropped out the ceiling, and I only wanted to see three!

Not sure if there are any electricians here, but I just wondered if it was OK/legal for the switch wire to be blue? (with a short brown sleeve).

Fitted this in our bedroom yesterday - and surprisingly it works.

iqCSih3l.jpg

The whole time I was fitting it, the GF kept suggesting we get an electrician in LOL. I did panic a bit when about 1000 wires (slight exaggeration) dropped out the ceiling, and I only wanted to see three!

Not sure if there are any electricians here, but I just wondered if it was OK/legal for the switch wire to be blue? (with a short brown sleeve).
you are a brave man . last time i tried to replace a light i had to call out the leccie who charged me 70 quid for 7 minutes . I leave it to them now !!! [ it was connected to a bathroom timer fan ]

brilliant zoom easter service with folks from mombassa and egypt . still blows me away how we can chat to all these guys in far flung places

went to an amazing village i am in love with and sneakily trying to persuade my wife to live there .... bit like the love it or list it programme that Phil and kirstie run . :D one end of the place is next to the m42 which is a bit intrusive but the rest is simply stunning and just 2.8 miles from the urban connurbation of longbridge

and then managed to legally meet with family in their garden .. wow what a treat !!!

Don’t let that spoil your day, Pedro. I’m currently losing weight like a good’un and I haven’t changed my alcohol intake one jot.

I ended up enjoying two glasses, I'm no wine buff but this went down extremely well.

lovely dish. We just had some salt cod arrive, this time it might be Jamaican Ackee and Saltfish

It sure is, i'm going to watch and learn the process myself.

This was the best I've had in 7/8 years of living here, sauce/fish/potato ratio and flavour was absolutely spot on. A great way to end what has been a up/down rough-ish kinda week.

lovely dish. We just had some salt cod arrive, this time it might be Jamaican Ackee and Saltfish

Had to google that one! -- Can't imagine sourcing that here unfortunately. No idea how close this is to your recipe, it looks and sounds delicious.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2020/09/ackee-and-saltfish.html

Next week I intend to knock up a spicy udon noodle soup in a dashi broth, other ingredients tbc and subject to availability.

Afternoon spent sorting out rose bush beds at Ms Canonman's. All the time, accompanied by a pair of cheeky Robins looking for worms.
Followed by a couple of Silent Pool and tonics on the patio, watching the sun go down.

Next weekend....sorting out her swimming pool which will be fun, not.

Did a bit more on the tiny hifi this morning, made a generic DAC and splashed a bit of paint on, camera does these little models no favours sadly. 4 mile walk now back home to finish the BDA engine somebody asked me to do.....a freebie and I've got 50 hours in it:D

IMG-0159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back