advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf this morning. Finished 2nd in a 3-ball, so lowest scoring player purchased coffees. Bandit status retained as highest handicapper in today’s game.

On to hoovering car boot out - I seem to have a fair amount of Worksop GC sand collected in side.

Then piano practice. Today I need to smooth out the octave notes in the right hand - make them more legato and joined, but relative to each other apparently - from my lesson notes.;)

another backwards walk, but facing forward. woofer confused but not an issue

pergola needs some screening, trying to find solutions, want to go more abstract, an answer will come, eventually they usually do.

good day at the races. so far made a profit in second race, 26/0 at £1.50 each way, love it, will open a good bottle to savour in expectation of no more winners today, who cares

Hanging doors while holding onto half pints of alcohol rarely ends well. I remember plastering a ceiling and getting the instructions wrong about the word plastered in instructions.

I'm not - door frame modifications reversed, scratching of heads - doh the door frame is about 1cm out of square....

doors hung, not quite in the position I envisaged but are OK, need to do more work on the door frame

i have hung doors where the lining is so bad at the head, up to 35mm out of level. client not interested in altering said lining,
after i explained the top panel of the door would look bizarre. so 1cm out is workable, can shoot to suit and plant a bit on if painting.

Hanging doors while holding onto half pints of alcohol rarely ends well. I remember plastering a ceiling and getting the instructions wrong about the word plastered in instructions.

could be a splattered effect if consuming continues

i have hung doors where the lining is so bad at the head, up to 35mm out of level. client not interested in altering said lining,
after i explained the top panel of the door would look bizarre. so 1cm out is workable, can shoot to suit and plant a bit on if painting.

with double doors the gap down the middle is uneven could pack out the hinges at the top a little to even out a little.

cooked a quad of Spanish dishes

Chorizo and peppers in cider, Potato Bravas, Chicken in sherry with green olives and Migas with mushrooms

Discovered a erbaur multitool. Can't think how I missed getting one , what an incredibly useful bit of kit for cutting floorboards and many other things

walked dog sideways, harry worth style.

no cheese pizza with toms, anchovies chilli flakes for lunch and a lovely bottle of Albarino one of my preferred whites

all Spanish food and drink today, paella valencia, do a big un, enough for tomoz also. do we attack the '61 rioja or save,good till 2025 apparently, decisions, decisions

an experiment - packed one hinge, about 4mm - alignment perfect :D. Think I'll leave it there......

Years ago we had all our doors dipped/stripped and all hung to open on the opposite side. The doors/house is about 120 years old, so they are all a bit skewed.
The door being hung so they are on the opposite side of the frame made a massive positive difference.

I don’t know, but I seem to think that internal doors opening so that you cannot immediately see into the room is a Victorian fashion? Some daft thing about manners?
Somebody on pfm will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back