advertisement

Fave "Live" Albums

I thought you would have had "Live At The Witch Trials" ! I'll add "Fall in a Hole" Mainly because I was at one of the concerts on that tour and have an original Flying Nun release (now going for stupid prices).

It's always a bonus if a live album has been recorded at a gig you attended, The Fall released a live album from a gig I went to at Trent Poly which is a decent live album

"Live at the Witch Trials" despite the title is a studio album, but I think you know that ;)

What, this again? OK official releases only...
Live/Dead
Then, in any order...
Sunshine Daydream (Veneta 8/27/72)
Reckoning
The GD movie shows (Winterland 10/74)
Cornell 5/8/77
Europe 72
Dick's Picks 7 (Alexandra Palace 09/74)
... etc, etc ;)

Sorry, didn't realise it had been done recently

Cream: Wheels of Fire.
Phosphorescent: Live at the Music Hall.
Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit: Live from Alabama.
Tangerine Dream: Encore.
Any number of Keiji Haino albums - lots are recorded live.

Yep ! RB Love - Forever Changes concert is my all time favourite I was lucky enough to be at the concert in the Royal Festival Hall.
Again I saw Little Feat at the Rainbow Theatre in 1977 amazing concert it was the Warner Bros show with The Doobie Brothers being the main act.

Regards,

Martin

VdGG - Real Time Recorded at the 2005 reunion gig at the Royal Festival Hall. I was lucky enough to be there.

Porcupine Tree - Anaesthetise

Some not mentioned yet....

Barclay James Harvest - Live (the first one)
King Crimson - Earthbound
Focus - Focus at the Rainbow
Yes - Yessongs
Yes - Keys to Ascension
Gentle Giant - Playing the fool

Most of the ones that come to mind have been covered, I'll just add Fleetwood Mac, The Dance and Jean Michel Jarre, Destination Docklands .

Wow, this one again........

Motorhead - What's Words Worth? (1978 live recording from when they were still Britain's answer to the MC5)
Art Pepper & Duke Jordan- Live in Copenhagen
Fleetwood Mac - Live in Boston (1970)
Planet Gong - Floating Anarchy
Graham Bond Organisation - Live at Klooks Kleek (2/3 of Cream making a better noise than they ever did with Eric Clapped Out)
The Band - Rock of Ages
Sarah Vaughan- Live at Mr Kelly's
AC/DC - Live at the Atlantic Studios
Neil Young - Live at the Riverboat '69 (My current favourite from his performance archives series - an assured, very early solo acoustic performance with some borderline standup comedy between tracks)
Here and Now - All over the show

I think the only Live album I have on vinyl that I was present at the recording of is 'The worse The Better' by Peter Brotzmann, John Edwards & Steve Noble. I can't wait to hold a dinner party just so I can put this on to clear the room.

Portishead - Roseland NYC Live (I think they captured something special there)
Nils Frahm - Spaces (compilation of live performances if that counts)

I can only think of two off the top of my head.

Stiff Little Fingers - Hanx
Aswad - Live and Direct

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky might have made it but it's not a real gig, just a compilation.

A few suggestions:

Live-at-Montreux-1976.jpg

R-7564754-1444134910-9310.png.jpg

R-1891215-1262566875.jpeg.jpg

41Q2D4YXCFL.jpg

R-2430074-1283616471.jpeg.jpg

advertisement

Back