advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched episode 2, and am wondering how they're going to pad this out over another 6 episodes. I don't find Mr Serial Killer very convincing, and can't believe that Mrs Serial Killer would have gone home to Canada, and then flown back to be with this twerp again.

I got through all 6 seasons of The Americans over Xmas, very impressed with it.

Some of the subplots are a bit ridiculous though.

Probably the reason why is though that he's never provided an explanation why he did what he did.

The article below kind of touches on that

*Spoiler Alert*

I mean a young woman traveling on her own with a bag of cash walks off at night to a sex club with two of the dodgiest geezers you would ever meet or the two 'tourists' with two massive rubies telling a complete stranger that they have two massive rubies.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...encounters-with-serial-killer-charles-sobhraj

@Wolfmancatsup - I think we have Prime, tho Ive found the RoI content can be different from the UK. Shall certainly have a look - thanks :)

edit..B*llocks - we dont get it here. Back to the drawing board :(

I've just watched episode 2, and am wondering how they're going to pad this out over another 6 episodes. I don't find Mr Serial Killer very convincing, and can't believe that Mrs Serial Killer would have gone home to Canada, and then flown back to be with this twerp again.

I got through all 6 seasons of The Americans over Xmas, very impressed with it.
I watched up to episode 3 then gave up.
It was so repetitive it was boring.

I've just watched episode 2, and am wondering how they're going to pad this out over another 6 episodes

we are up to episode 5 now and it is beginning to irritate me now. The timeline that is non-linear and keeps chopping and changing doesnt help with engagement. I am very easily distracted - so i'll be watching the TV, and then turn away to answer a thread on a forum, and turn back to the TV to discover i have gained/lost 3 months, 6 months....... hard to follow.

Watched The Chaperone on Prime last night. Gentle period drama, the type of thing Mrs C likes to watch. I was immediately drawn to the sound track, tho. The piano pieces were very familiar, including a Grade 5 piece I did in 2010 by Schuman - Von fremden Landern und Menschen. Lovely, and very well played by whoever did it.

we are up to episode 5 now and it is beginning to irritate me now. The timeline that is non-linear and keeps chopping and changing doesnt help with engagement. I am very easily distracted - so i'll be watching the TV, and then turn away to answer a thread on a forum, and turn back to the TV to discover i have gained/lost 3 months, 6 months....... hard to follow.

We finished it tonight, things speed up a bit and gained some interest. All told apart from some boring bits in the middle we enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back