advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been catching up on The Wire. Seasons one and two were very good, three was not up to the same standard but did conclude many plot lines.

Hope four is better than three...

We’ve just finished the Coppola restoration of Godfather I, II and III on BluRay. (also available on a Apple TV). Extraordinary, overwhelming, wonderful, shocking. The restoration is incredible, you see stuff you will never have seen. Coppola has recut Part III, and that’s on its way to us now too.

WandaVision on Disney + is very strange indeed—but enjoyable.

The most original Superhero TV/Movie thing I've seen in years. Two of my favourite characters as well.

But as I'm just two episodes in I have no idea what it's about, so that could change!

I don't get the plaudits for the Mandalorian though. Sure, it's Star Wars (which I love), and it's fun. And it looks great but ... maybe it gets better.

I'm only four episodes in—with the last one if you replace the Mandy with Picard, the ex-Rebel with Data and mini-Yoda with Wesley Crusher, you'd have a mid-period Next Generation episode.

I was surprised Mandy didn't learn to play a flute.

Stephen

Last edited:
Watched Soul (Pixar) and Wolfwalkers (from the Irish Cartoon Saloon) the last two evenings.
Soul...zzzz's and Pixar disappearing up its own ar5e and cleverness. And everyone speaks just that bit too fast, to appear smart, but just ends up being wearing and boring. A classic of Merican faux-profound.
Wolfwalkers on the other hand...excellent and unpredictable narrative and pacing, edge of the seat story, just beautiful and artistic annimation. A genuine future classic.

Wolfwalkers on the other hand...excellent and unpredictable narrative and pacing, edge of the seat story, just beautiful and artistic annimation. A genuine future classic.
Good to hear. Whenever it leaves the Apple silo, I'll track it down. If you haven't seen the studio's previous films, have a look for The Secret of Kells, Song of the Sea and The Breadwinner - all are well worth a watch (all three were nominated for Best Animated Feature, which is an impressive hit-rate for a new studio; of course, none of them won, because you have to have Disney involved with the picture for that to happen)

Good to hear. Whenever it leaves the Apple silo, I'll track it down. If you haven't seen the studio's previous films, have a look for The Secret of Kells, Song of the Sea and The Breadwinner - all are well worth a watch (all three were nominated for Best Animated Feature, which is an impressive hit-rate for a new studio; of course, none of them won, because you have to have Disney involved with the picture for that to happen)
Seen them all! Way, way better than Disney/Pixar output.

Watched the first episode of Night Stalker on Netflix, true story.

Started with a bump!! some horrendous footage and first hand accounts of murders.

Can only think the man is an absolute psychopath!

(A four parter)

Watched Soul (Pixar) and Wolfwalkers (from the Irish Cartoon Saloon) the last two evenings.
Soul...zzzz's and Pixar disappearing up its own ar5e and cleverness. And everyone speaks just that bit too fast, to appear smart, but just ends up being wearing and boring. A classic of Merican faux-profound.

Wolfwalkers sounds good, shame it’s only on Apple TV atm, will keep an eye out for it on other platforms, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back