advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detritus? Detritus is empty MacDonalds boxes, cans of lager on their sides, overflowing ashtrays... You have a nice piano and an effin' harp! (Not being mean but the slght incongruity made me smile). Looks a comfortable space to listen and make music in :)

Well compared to the photos that look like they're from a lifestyle magazine that I see on this thread, I think detritus in the right word! But yes, it's a great room for music making and listening. We usually have the wife's choir round each week but covid has put a stop to that.

Is the piano a Chappell? Looks a lot like what we had growing up.

Nope, a Bosendorfer. Having a look online at photos, I think I see the sort of shape you are referring to. Our piano is from the 1920s, and I think it's quite typical of a number of the makers from around then (I have a friend with a similar age Bechstein which also has that square rather than turned leg profile). It was probably a very contemporary shape at the time, so I think lots of pianos avoided the florid turned legs which wouldn't have fitted into the art deco aesthetic.

Thank you, yes I’m quite pleased with it at the mo, might look at a different phono stage at some point.
Have you tried any other cartridge? The entry level Audio Technica (ATVM95C) might be worth a go for a comparison and it’s only £30. You can upgrade the stylus if it’s along the right lines.....just a thought.
Cheers will give it a go.
Phono stages are good places to find exdemo and second hand buys. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back