advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

Status
Not open for further replies.
4f9fbc6c4c3f9e3ab256e583fc14c7a03cbb4735_2_1066x1000.jpeg

The population of Gibraltar voted by 97% to remain a member of the EU. 15,000 Spanish citizens cross the border freely to work there every day. Difficulty on the border would see the Gibraltar economy grind to a stop.

The population of Gibraltar voted by 97% to remain a member of the EU. 15,000 Spanish citizens cross the border freely to work there every day. Difficulty on the border would see the Gibraltar economy grind to a stop.
Gibraltar. Such memories....

I boosted the economy my first time there. I was picked up by a shore patrol in Gib absolutely shiters, but I was young, 17 yrs 51 weeks. I spent a fair bit getting in that state though. I think.

Also did a bit of haggling and bought a cocky-watch there that gave up the ghost after a couple of weeks. That’s how I knew it was a cocky-watch. Oh, and a zoom lens for the camera.

I’ve been there lots of times since. I like the place.

Whatever it was they voted to take back control of they didn't give N. Ireland or Gibraltar a second thought.

Gibraltar. Such memories....

I boosted the economy my first time there. I was picked up by a shore patrol in Gib absolutely shiters, but I was young, 17 yrs 51 weeks. I spent a fair bit getting in that state though. I think.

Also did a bit of haggling and bought a cocky-watch there that gave up the ghost after a couple of weeks. That’s how I knew it was a cocky-watch. Oh, and a zoom lens for the camera.

I’ve been there lots of times since. I like the place.
That’s a second Remainer territory you’re promising to ‘give a visit’.

“You are going to tear up the legally binding treaty you signed with us and we understand you still want a special deal...”.
If we repudiate a treaty, who is to say we wouldn't renege on WTO terms too, if it suited us. I could see us getting not so much an Australia-type deal, as a Mars-type deal.

That’s a second Remainer territory you’re promising to ‘give a visit’.
I didn’t make such a promise but it’s an idea if/when confident about corona. I like cruises and was last in Gib 2013 when on a Med cruise. What about you?

There’s already bog roll panic buying again.
The bog roll shelves in Sainsburys's were half empty today. It's really not looking good, is it?

I wonder how quickly public opinion will turn on the Tories when the sh!t really hits the fan around Christmas and the New Year.

I really can't see the general public, including even the thickest Brexiteers, swallowing the argument that its all the fault of the haulage industry, COVID and the EU.

Chaotic Brexit + COVID = the perfect political storm.

The bog roll shelves in Sainsburys's were half empty today. It's really not looking good, is it?

I wonder how quickly public opinion will turn on the Tories when the sh!t really hits the fan around Christmas and the New Year.

I really can't see the general public, including even the thickest Brexiteers, swallowing the argument that its all the fault of the haulage industry, COVID and the EU.

Chaotic Brexit + COVID = the perfect political storm.
Didn’t you build a stash of bog roll over the last few months?

It would not help the Spanish economy? Still if as you suggest the Spanish encourage Immigrants to live in Gibraltar then problem solved.

I'm not saying. It's got nothing to do with you.
:D

If you didn’t I will sell you some at £10 per roll, alternatively, as this thread is so “riveting”, you could print it and read it again while doing your business, then do the clean up with it. There will finally be a positive effect from brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back