advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
Watch out ... irony ahead.

Once you have immunity to a disease you have immunity for life, which is why booster shots aren't needed and why someone who's had chickenpox as a kid can't get shingles as an adult.

[insert emoticons here: :confused::cool::D:p:eek::oops::rolleyes::D:mad:;) ]

No, wait...

The irony has happened.

Joe

You talk about irony, but you need to be more specific. Is that irony you speak of 'normal' irony, or 'Alanis' irony?

The OED defines irony as: 'The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect'

Here is an OED cite for the former:

1914 S. Lewis Our Mr. Wrenn iv. 57 ‘Nice work,’ Satan interjected from time to time, with smooth irony. ‘Sure. Go ahead. Like to hear your plans.’

The latter is more or less summed up by the phrase 'bloody typical!'

Watch out ... irony ahead.

Once you have immunity to a disease you have immunity for life, which is why booster shots aren't needed and why someone who's had chickenpox as a kid can't get shingles as an adult.

[insert emoticons here: :confused::cool::D:p:eek::oops::rolleyes::D:mad:;) ]

No, wait...

The irony has happened.

Joe

sigh! Ignore user = happiness

Joe,

Alanis irony isn't irony. It's a bunch of things that suck, such as (merely examples, mind you) a black fly in your Chardonnay, a death row pardon two minutes too late, rain on your wedding day, a free ride when you've already paid, and possibly the good advice that you just didn't take.

Joe

Glad you are recovered. You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work.

Now, I am going to be controversial again.
Personally, I wouldn't go near any vaccine. Look at what is in them (start with aluminium, which causes dementia. There are many other toxins in vaccines that shouldn't go anywhere near the inside of a human), and the negative effects they can have - read the information leaflet that comes with a vaccine, paying particular attention to the part that says "Potential side effects", it usually includes death.
Now, vaccines are not the magic bullet people have been led to believe they are. In fact, they don't work (here is some evidence http://www.chiropractic.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1200-studies-The-Truth-Will-Prevail-3.pdf). Sanitation has had a far bigger effect in eradicating illness than vaccines have.
Now, if vaccines did actually work, there could be a valid case for having yourself injected with a load of toxins that could potentially kill you at worst, IF they were effective. Otherwise, why would any sane and sensible person do it?

Also, did you know, that nobody should take a vaccine without giving their informed consent (look up the Vaccines Act 1986)? Very few people are informed.

What I would say to anyone considering being vaccinated, is do your research first. Then you can make an informed choice. Knowing what I know now (and have researched long and hard), I wouldn't touch a vaccine.
Your first sentence is factually incorrect. In fact one might say, a dangerous myth.

Gin,

Sorry that plain, simple English provided such an obstacle to comprehension. Put me ignore if it's an issue for you.

I wish I could do the same, but as a mod I have to be able to read what everyone writes.

Joe

Anyway...

Anyone posting here have the confidence in the process under this govt to have volunteered to take part in one of the trials underway for coronavirus treatment?

For example: BBC link to a new one here ...click but there are plenty ongoing so lots of opportunity.

I wonder why i have an annual flu vaccine, i wonder why Meningococcal vaccine needs repeating every so often. Why do i get the common cold repeatedly?

There is little scientific evidence for lifetime immunity (it just hasnt been around for long enough) for CV19 after having it.

Indeed it isnt really. Fried eggs are way more interesting.

Personally i think PFM should ban all CV19 threads and politics threads, like some other fora i know.
Boiled egg one wins it for me

Anyone posting here have the confidence in the process under this govt to have volunteered to take part in one of the trials underway for coronavirus treatment?
Back when they were recruiting volunteers for the vaccine trial here in Southampton, I considered it, but since I'd recently had symptoms compatible with covid-19, I wasn't eligible.

For example: BBC link to a new one here ...click but there are plenty ongoing so lots of opportunity.
That one is only relevant if you're being treated in hospital. Should I end up in that situation, I'd be willing to give it a try. Clinical trials are not approved unless it's very unlikely to make things worse, and it's not Boris and his clowns who make that judgment.

Provided it has been approved to normal standards, the only reasons not to take a vaccine are:

You’ve had Covid within the last year
You are in a very high risk group that might suffer side effects (Eg severe immune system deficiency) or have a terminal illness.

Otherwise you are very stupid, have mental health issues or are extremely suggestible to lies peddled by idiots and bad actors.

No nuance in this discussion. Anti vaxxers are dangerous idiots who endanger everybody’s health.

If a vaccination appears in short order I will do my own research into whether or not I trust it enough to put my life on the line by agreeing to it. Personal choice and nothing to do with being against vaccination in general or anything else you want to believe. I’ve had loads of them and so have my kids.

Fwiw I don’t believe there will be a vaccination anytime soon so it’s moot.

I heard the guy developing the vaccine is the one who got the £150 million PPE contract. Obviously it's in a proper laboratory with people wearing white coats and stuff, so no need to worry.

Just be grateful the forum doesn’t have a Gwyneth Paltrow “Goop” problem, now that’s cynical weaponised pseudomedical new age capitalism — complete with Windham Hill soundtrack.

The latter is more or less summed up by the phrase 'bloody typical!'

Its 2020 you hopeless waffling git; at the very least you could fake it with a “my fellow kids” image macro like it’s 2008 all over again.

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

What diseases emerged when we switched from 3G to 4G?

Joe

Voted no.So far refused my flu jab for this year also.I used to believe a lot stronger in immunisation jabs - that has now changed.

advertisement

Back