advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
I’m astonished/horrified that here on a site I’d expect to be reasonably intelligent/successful given how much free cash we have to throw at hi-fi, records etc that 13% of people would reject a vaccine. I obviously need to make the site sign-up questions rather harder...!

Obviously I can’t/don’t trust this Conservative government as they have proven inadequate and corrupt on every level, but any vaccine *has* to come from a verifiable scientific source with appropriate peer review. It just can’t not. Then it will need to be manufactured by a proper pharmaceutical company, and you won’t get global brands such as Pfizer, Roche, AstraZeneca or whoever sticking their logo onto typical Dominic Cummings lies, bullshit and shape-shifting. Their reputation is just worth too much, and no one else will be able to make it. This really isn’t something the Tories can farm out to G4S, Wetherspoons, JCB or any other of their bent donor mates as usual. It needs to be designed by proper scientists and made by big-pharma.

I’m astonished/horrified that here on a site I’d expect to be reasonably intelligent/successful given how much free cash we have to throw at hi-fi, records etc that 13% of people would reject a vaccine. I obviously need to make the site sign-up questions rather harder...!

Obviously I can’t/don’t trust this Conservative government as they have proven inadequate and corrupt on every level, but any vaccine *has* to come from a verifiable scientific source with appropriate peer review. It just can’t not. Then it will need to be manufactured by a proper pharmaceutical company, and you won’t get global brands such as Pfizer, Roche, AstraZeneca or whoever sticking their logo onto typical Dominic Cummings lies, bullshit and shape-shifting. Their reputation is just worth too much and no one else will be able to make it. This really isn’t something the Tories can farm out to G4S, Wetherspoons, JCB or any other of their bent donor mates as usual. It needs to be designed by proper scientists and made by big-pharma.
I voted no for the very reasons you fear.
The govt are already talking about loosening safety protocols.
In a lazily constructed binary poll I felt no reason to explain.

Well said.... that was my reaction too.

I very much doubt I would take it myself. I'm 40, in good physical condition from exercise, drink a little too much but don't really get sick. I did get swine flu, though.

I think there is an awful lot to learn about Covid 19. I'm clinging to some sort of hope that the big rise in numbers we are seeing without any hospital admissions is a result of the virus mutating to become less lethal.
Irish water discovered CV was in waste water from December 2019 and Spanish water found it in waste water samples from March 2019 so it has been around longer than we first thought. How much longer is anyone's guess. What was it like to begin and what is going to become?

Of course there isn't. It's been less than a year since the first documented case.

What we have is 30 million cases and TWO confirmed reinfections, both of which had an unusually weak immune response the first time. A vaccine that effective would be regarded as highly successful.
Nevertheless the statement;
“ You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work”
Is unverifiable, completely lacking in evidence and possibly irresponsibly dangerous.

Glad you are recovered. You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work.

Now, I am going to be controversial again.
Personally, I wouldn't go near any vaccine. Look at what is in them (start with aluminium, which causes dementia. There are many other toxins in vaccines that shouldn't go anywhere near the inside of a human), and the negative effects they can have - read the information leaflet that comes with a vaccine, paying particular attention to the part that says "Potential side effects", it usually includes death.
Now, vaccines are not the magic bullet people have been led to believe they are. In fact, they don't work (here is some evidence http://www.chiropractic.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1200-studies-The-Truth-Will-Prevail-3.pdf). Sanitation has had a far bigger effect in eradicating illness than vaccines have.
Now, if vaccines did actually work, there could be a valid case for having yourself injected with a load of toxins that could potentially kill you at worst, IF they were effective. Otherwise, why would any sane and sensible person do it?

Also, did you know, that nobody should take a vaccine without giving their informed consent (look up the Vaccines Act 1986)? Very few people are informed.

What I would say to anyone considering being vaccinated, is do your research first. Then you can make an informed choice. Knowing what I know now (and have researched long and hard), I wouldn't touch a vaccine.

^And remember, stay away from social media folks. Otherwise, this could happen to you too.

I want to know why he is even asking the question? How is it interesting?

It'll doubtless be creating a much needed further opportunity to belittle anyone who divests any percentage of responsibility no matter how minute to anyone other than the UK government for the coronavirus debacle.

P.S. The UK government are massively culpable just in case anyone levels a government sympathiser accusation at me... I just don't think everyone else can be absolved of all responsibility, a view that I realise is not popular round here.

Glad you are recovered. You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work.

Now, I am going to be controversial again.
Personally, I wouldn't go near any vaccine. Look at what is in them (start with aluminium, which causes dementia. There are many other toxins in vaccines that shouldn't go anywhere near the inside of a human), and the negative effects they can have - read the information leaflet that comes with a vaccine, paying particular attention to the part that says "Potential side effects", it usually includes death.
Now, vaccines are not the magic bullet people have been led to believe they are. In fact, they don't work (here is some evidence http://www.chiropractic.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1200-studies-The-Truth-Will-Prevail-3.pdf). Sanitation has had a far bigger effect in eradicating illness than vaccines have.
Now, if vaccines did actually work, there could be a valid case for having yourself injected with a load of toxins that could potentially kill you at worst, IF they were effective. Otherwise, why would any sane and sensible person do it?

Also, did you know, that nobody should take a vaccine without giving their informed consent (look up the Vaccines Act 1986)? Very few people are informed.

What I would say to anyone considering being vaccinated, is do your research first. Then you can make an informed choice. Knowing what I know now (and have researched long and hard), I wouldn't touch a vaccine.

Darwin just called, he is expecting you soonest

Nevertheless the statement;
“ You will have lifetime immunity from it now, that is how human immune systems work”
Is unverifiable, completely lacking in evidence and possibly irresponsibly dangerous.
No dispute there. The available data suggests that we, unsurprisingly, acquire some immunity. How long it lasts is still unknown. Even if long-lasting, the virus might develop into multiple strains with diverging antigenic properties, though so far there is no evidence of that happening.

I want to know why he is even asking the question? How is it interesting?

It smokes out the malcontents?

I must thank @Rcook for his post because it’s given me enough ideas for a line my next 3-minutes of stupid epic musical tantrum.

PS while i have his attention, what’s your opinion of 5G towers please?

I need a ‘maybe’ choice in the poll.

if it’s a vaccine that’s not properly tested, no.. If it is, yes.

I certainly wouldn’t take the Government’s word on this.

Stephen

It smokes out the malcontents?

I must thank @Rcook for his post because it’s given me enough ideas for a line my next 3-minutes of stupid epic musical tantrum.

PS while i have his attention, what’s your opinion of 5G towers please?
I voted I'd have it. How do people get wound up about the question? It's boring stuff

I disagree with him, but he’s entitled to a pov, is he not? Why are you demanding to know his professional qualifications? Are you an expert on the subject of vaccines? Are there any pfm members expert on the subject?

Why not post why he is wrong?

I am not an expert so I keep my POV to myself. It's a serious subject, unlike audio.

I did actually follow Rcook's link.

A red flag right away was the 'chiropractic' part of the linked address—an area not renowned for its scientific rigour.

The first thing I tell my students when presented with evidence, is to find out who wrote the piece, who is backing/funding them and their authority to speak on the subject.

Surprisingly, none of this was evident from the document. A serious analysis would have these data right on the first page. And without red ink.

Stephen

I am not an expert so I keep my POV to myself. It's a serious subject, unlike audio.
Keeping your pov to yourself where you choose to do so is totally within your rights. I’m sure you agree.

advertisement

Back