Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Sep 14, 2020.

?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

2. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Yes, if safe by "civilised" standards. I'm nearing 50 and a male.

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, assuming it stems from a credible pharmaceutical/virological source rather than something that has simply oozed out of Dominic Cummings’ close friends without due scientific process or verification. Annoyingly one actually has to qualify that these days.

matt j, Bob McC, wiresandmore and 4 others like this.
  4. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Eventually. But will leave the first wave for the elderly and vulnerable.

Not being altruistic here, but having had Covid in April, I’m working on an assumption of immunity for at least 6-12 months. I know this is untested, but as a working model, it suits me. Also, Mrs P-T has very recently had a positive antibody test, so I’m content to assume I have a similar response, given that our experience of Covid was very similar.

5. billo

billo pfm Member

Only if the evil Bill Gates microchip is replaced with a benign Dom. Cummings PLC one

6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

To be fair, this makes sense as anything with his imprimatur on it won’t work anyway.

7. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter more than cis feelings

Yebbut, I’m happy to initially stay isolated & watch the potential shitshow unfold because this government will do it on the cheap so what could possibly go wrong?

I got some big ****off nails to bang into a bass if the zombie uprising becomes a thing. FLCL style. Gotta look right in the apocalypse...

[​IMG]

tuga, Spike55 and Tony L like this.
  8. snowflake

snowflake Former Albino Ape

I'm in, my tin foil hat will save me from the [insert relevant conspiracy here]

S

9. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I’m fine with it so long as all the 5g masts have been burnt down by then...

TheDecameron likes this.
  10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ll be using either the Jazz Bass or Steinberger Spirit, no way in hell am I dinging up a vintage Shergold with covid zombies!

bob atherton and Spike55 like this.
  11. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter more than cis feelings

A Blood splattered Shergold would be Metal AF
    Steinberger spirit is definitely the most wieldy

Look, it’s 2020. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but **** me... pandemic vaccine zombie uprising is on my apocalypse bingo card and it’s nearly full.

12. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

At 65, a bit overweight, former heavy smoker, drinking a bit more than guidelines, self employed, male but otherwise fit i'll grab it asap.

Mullardman likes this.
  13. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

I'm due my vaccinations anyway, another one is no prob.

14. Fatmarley

Fatmarley pfm Member

I wouldn't hesitate if Jeremy Corbyn was in charge.

Brian likes this.
  15. simon g

simon g Older, wiser & retired

How can anyone possibly judge at present? There is no vaccine available. No information on any potential side effects, nor the chance of experiencing these. Life is all a matter of balancing risk. The risk of serious side effects could well be greater than catching Sars Cov 2 (depending on individual circumstances) especially as side effects may well take some time to become apparent. All these potential vaccines have been rush developed and their early approval is highly likely to be as a result of political pressure, rather than proper scientific procedure and evaluation.

So, no I shan't be taking it initially. Perhaps 6-12 months after it becomes widely used.

Remember: Thalidomide was declared as 'completely safe'. OK, not a vaccine but a real lesson in drug safety.

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

16. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

Yeah, well, we missed that particular opportunity!

17. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

I posted this link on the other thread, but will do so again.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu

Government open consultation on
    • authorising temporary supply of an unlicensed product
    • civil liability and immunity
    • expanding the workforce eligible to administer vaccinations
    • promoting vaccines
    • making provisions for wholesale dealing of vaccines
    I posted yes to the poll, but wouldn't take an unlicensed vaccine.

tuga likes this.
  18. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

Why would the NHS be offering it to me?

Bloody little britainers

19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

I'll fit it in with my usual worming injections.

20. Cav

Cav pfm Member

I certainly won't be first in the queue, if at all. I already eschew the 'flu jab.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020