advertisement

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

• Yes

Votes: 176 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters
Eventually. But will leave the first wave for the elderly and vulnerable.

Not being altruistic here, but having had Covid in April, I’m working on an assumption of immunity for at least 6-12 months. I know this is untested, but as a working model, it suits me. Also, Mrs P-T has very recently had a positive antibody test, so I’m content to assume I have a similar response, given that our experience of Covid was very similar.

Yebbut, I’m happy to initially stay isolated & watch the potential shitshow unfold because this government will do it on the cheap so what could possibly go wrong?

I got some big ****off nails to bang into a bass if the zombie uprising becomes a thing. FLCL style. Gotta look right in the apocalypse...

1329365_Japanese_KeyArt-OfficialVideoImage_3b60e455-5f5b-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

A Blood splattered Shergold would be Metal AF
Steinberger spirit is definitely the most wieldy

Look, it’s 2020. I’m not a conspiracy theorist but **** me... pandemic vaccine zombie uprising is on my apocalypse bingo card and it’s nearly full.

At 65, a bit overweight, former heavy smoker, drinking a bit more than guidelines, self employed, male but otherwise fit i'll grab it asap.

How can anyone possibly judge at present? There is no vaccine available. No information on any potential side effects, nor the chance of experiencing these. Life is all a matter of balancing risk. The risk of serious side effects could well be greater than catching Sars Cov 2 (depending on individual circumstances) especially as side effects may well take some time to become apparent. All these potential vaccines have been rush developed and their early approval is highly likely to be as a result of political pressure, rather than proper scientific procedure and evaluation.

So, no I shan't be taking it initially. Perhaps 6-12 months after it becomes widely used.

Remember: Thalidomide was declared as 'completely safe'. OK, not a vaccine but a real lesson in drug safety.

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

I posted this link on the other thread, but will do so again.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu

Government open consultation on
  • authorising temporary supply of an unlicensed product
  • civil liability and immunity
  • expanding the workforce eligible to administer vaccinations
  • promoting vaccines
  • making provisions for wholesale dealing of vaccines
I posted yes to the poll, but wouldn't take an unlicensed vaccine.

I certainly won't be first in the queue, if at all. I already eschew the 'flu jab.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back