advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wouldn't be this level of concern if the case numbers were really those published weekly by PHE, I just don't believe them but I've not taken time to understand the problems. There should be a new PHE report today but I'm waiting for the new Guardian map tomorrow completed from the Johns Hopkins data, I'm guess that case numbers in the North are around the 1/100 level, which would be double that of last week.

People will also remember the ‘Cummings’ law.‘

If folk are swayed by what this chap did, rather than the articles showing 40-50 yr olds struggling on ventilators and fighting for life, then my sympathy for them is somewhat brittle. I don't need a retort that what he did was morally, and possibly legally wrong. I know that. I'm just not prepared to let someone else not doing the right thing dissuade me from doing what i think is the correct thing.

I said to my self last winter I wasn't getting any more colds. Therefore hygiene and politely but steadfastly reducing contact with folk (hand shaking, friendly hugs etc) did the trick. No colds or, for me, chest infections. I've maintained that until this day.

Matt Hancock said "The spread is largely due to households meeting and not abiding to social distancing".
How the hell do they know that? There is no testing at anything like the level they would need to prove that. It's bollocks. Do they seriously expect us to believe that people in those areas are less compliant meeting in their homes than anywhere else? Nasty northerners I guess ;)

You still think this contact thing works?
The govt are just panicking because of the surge in the NW.
25% of all new cases.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-live-updates-local-lockdown-18692444#2181372

“Whenever anybody tests positive, the vast majority of them we manage to speak to, and we ask which contacts they’ve had, and that’s shown that the vast majority of contact of people who have the virus, other than people in their own household… is from households visiting and then visiting friends and relatives,” he told the BBC.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-live-updates-local-lockdown-18692444#2181372

“Whenever anybody tests positive, the vast majority of them we manage to speak to, and we ask which contacts they’ve had, and that’s shown that the vast majority of contact of people who have the virus, other than people in their own household… is from households visiting and then visiting friends and relatives,” he told the BBC.”
That’s Matt Hancock speaking so it’s almost certain to be a lie.

PS Comments on local council (I’m in greater Manchester) Facebook feed about the new re-lockdown just shows how confused the government messaging. No one has a clue what it means, everyone baffled as to the inconsistencies (pubs open, but can’t meet the same family members at their homes etc), many not even knowing if they can still go to work. It’s just bonkers, the government making everything up on the fly as usual.
Bloody hell, you’re a bit quick to find fault! I’m sure it’ll all become clear today.

If folk are swayed by what this chap did, rather than the articles showing 40-50 yr olds struggling on ventilators and fighting for life, then my sympathy for them is somewhat brittle. I don't need a retort that what he did was morally, and possibly legally wrong. I know that. I'm just not prepared to let someone else not doing the right thing dissuade me from doing what i think is the correct thing.

I said to my self last winter I wasn't getting any more colds. Therefore hygiene and politely but steadfastly reducing contact with folk (hand shaking, friendly hugs etc) did the trick. No colds or, for me, chest infections. I've maintained that until this day.

There is plenty of evidence to show that people are affected by the behaviour of other people, and especially by those who make the laws.

People who don’t feel vulnerable to the virus will not be swayed by images of sick people. But they will take note of what the lawmakers actually do and behave accordingly.

Stephen

Mandryka:

if someone leaves false contacts then they’re probably not going to cooperate with a request to isolate anyway

They probably will have paid by card. I wonder if the tracing people have authority to track people down that way?

Stephen

Check the tone of the BBC’s Chris Mason-
“Liberties recently returned, almost instantly snatched away.
And snatched with a rebuke from the health secretary for England - Matt Hancock - who repeatedly said this was necessary because some in the areas affected had failed to stick to social distancing rules”.

yet....not for days out in County Durham or lockdown parties hosted by the Isle of Wight MP
iTHo8xZ.jpg

Do you believe that there is really an effective system to investigate contacts? Or that people actually open up about who the contacts are? Or that someone doesn't just write "[email protected]" as their email address? Do you believe that the pub landlord really has both the power and desire to make sure that the right distancing is in place? Example - a friend of mine is a landlady - the pub is limited now to 17 people inside the door. 30 police troop in after a long shift... you reckon they're bothered about complying with guidelines themselves?
Your naivity is rather childlike. To say the least.

It’s absolutely true that the whole approach depends on people cooperating. If people don’t cooperate - if they don’t leave correct contact details, if they don’t report contacts to test and trace, if they don’t self isolate, if they don’t make sure their bar or their workplace is safe - then I expect we’ll see measures introduced to deal with that PDQ.

It’s absolutely true that the whole approach depends on people cooperating. If people don’t cooperate - if they don’t leave correct contact details, if they don’t report contacts to test and trace, if they don’t self isolate, if they don’t make sure their bar or their workplace is safe - then I expect we’ll see measures introduced to deal with that PDQ.

Read this and weep.

Billions funnelled into unaccountable companies who have failed to deliver.

Stephen

Thing is, this must be every day in the office for them.

They have everything they’ve ever wanted and we are the useful idiots who’ve gifted it to them.

Stephen
They’ve done every thing to duck responsibility and blame others. The only time Hancock has ‘ordered an enquiry’ is when he found PHE’s definition for a Covid mortality was making him look slightly worse than he already was. Protect the Health Minister, screw the rest of you.

Matt Hancock said "The spread is largely due to households meeting and not abiding to social distancing".

How the hell do they know that? There is no testing at anything like the level they would need to prove that. It's bollocks. Do they seriously expect us to believe that people in those areas are less compliant meeting in their homes than anywhere else? Nasty northerners I guess ;)

When you have a separate wing in the house, just for the dogs, it's easy to become divorced from reality I would imagine ;)

There’s naive and then there’s stupidity in what you choose to believe.

Bloody hell, you’re a bit quick to find fault! I’m sure it’ll all become clear today.
Perhaps these dickheads in govt could, for once, launch a policy once it’s been prepared properly and not on the hoof.
You would not then have got, like last night, different Tory twats briefing different rule changes!

It is incoherent bullcrap! Pick the bones out of it here on the gov.uk site! Covid 19 has no knowledge about whether it is at a funeral, a pub, a restaurant, or chatting to friends in your back yard. The virus is exactly the same, it is doing its thing exactly as it always has done, yet the government advice is different for various situations involving similar risk factors. As ever this is political advice, it is random hand waving and deflection in a panic, it is not scientific.

PS As ever I’m not arguing for myself. I’ve been in full lockdown since February as I’m more than able to ignore the government waffle entirely and go straight to the science. My business is thankfully viable too, so whilst I’d like nothing more than to go out record buying I can survive fine without. I recognise I am in a very lucky and secure position despite being a diabetic and asthmatic so ‘at risk’. I’m just highly annoyed that woefully incoherent advice is once again confusing people and will cost lives.

It doesn’t attack at pleasant garden parties conducted by party members, only where brown people and the proles gather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back