advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ supermarkets used your mobile.
Really?
How?

As for manuals, my golf club has a sign in book at the entrance for members and guests.
The vast majority only put their name.

Another 50k?
100k?
Half a million as per original estimate?

I honestly don't know and would never profess to know how to make any kind of call of that nature. That's why running a country isn't for me. It's easier and has less potential to kill people by just discussing it on the Internet.

NZ supermarkets used your mobile.
Really?
How?

As for manuals, my golf club has a sign in book at the entrance for members and guests.
The vast majority only put their name.

You had to sms them. They sms back to you with a 10 minute timeslot and you had to show it on entry.
All manual records here had phone and email contacts.
I suppose a club should have the contacts for members but of course NZ closed all clubs.
From 25th March to 27th April only essential workers went to work. Only supermarkets, pharmacies, hospitals/clinics and petrol stations were open. You could go out for a walk but asked to stay at least 2m from anyone not in your bubble.
NZ has had no community transmission since 22nd May. Life is normal.

Are you all listening children?

Hands
Face
Space
Test

ad nauseum...
Black_Lace_Greatest_Hits.jpg

You had to sms them. They sms back to you with a 10 minute timeslot and you had to show it on entry.
All manual records here had phone and email contacts.
I suppose a club should have the contacts for members but of course NZ closed all clubs.
From 25th March to 27th April only essential workers went to work. Only supermarkets, pharmacies, hospitals/clinics and petrol stations were open. You could go out for a walk but asked to stay at least 2m from anyone not in your bubble.
NZ has had no community transmission since 22nd May. Life is normal.

Yes, well it's all well and good holding them up a bastion of how to do it right, but they do have a significant advantage over us in that they're an island ;)

What they don't have that we do is a self entitled greedy power crazed twat as a PM!

Yes, well it's all well and good holding them up a bastion of how to do it right, but they do have a significant advantage over us in that they're an island ;)

What they don't have that we do is a self entitled greedy power crazed twat as a PM!

Apologies. I should have just answered the specific question.
Hoping the Oxford Covid vaccine will save the UK from the Oxford PM.

Mandryka were you impressed by the joined up thinking from the press conference?

Boris Johnson: We will be opening up further as soon as possible

Chris Whitty: We have probably reached the limits of what we can do in terms of opening up society

IN THE SAME PRESS CONFERENCE.

Boris Johnson: We will be opening up further as soon as possible

Chris Whitty: We have
probably reached the limits of what we can do in terms of opening up society

IN THE SAME PRESS CONFERENCE.

who cares? does anyone actually believe anything either says.

I think I've got my head around the apparent discrepancy in case numbers between the PHE regional figures and the ONS. Forgive me if it's been obvious it may be my cognitive problem, but it's been bothering me for a while. The ONS is giving a country-wide average based on random swab samples taken in homes, and so quoting a straight up 1 in 2000 people. It's likely to be undersampled and so doesn't capture the peaks at all well, smoothing out those numbers greatly. They will also include samples from a lot of people who are largely isolated, working at home etc etc, as well as those who live in more rural and secluded locations. Those people just aren't important at this point in time because they are extremely unlikely to be spreaders and unlikely to be infected anyway, so could perhaps be excluded from the 'active population'. However, that's the number usually given by the BBC. As a measure it's pretty useless, but politically very convenient if the aim is to downplay the problem. PHE is capturing postcode information from real infections and averaging over a much smaller population and so will be a much truer representation of the peak numbers. Clearly the virus will spread from the peak locations where people are more congested, i.e. in the northwest at present, just as it did from the London area previously, unless strict measures are in place, so that's the number we need. I've long suspected that Government is using a much finer distribution of postcodes than PHE is actually publishing, but is keeping it to themselves in order not to scare us.

I've long suspected that Government is using a much finer distribution of postcodes than PHE is actually publishing, but is keeping it to themselves in order not to scare us.

given what i have seen it does have some quite fine grained information. It could be used to identify individual households if it were in the wider public domain

The northern lockdown represents government failure. There is a better way

All sensible stuff.

I only see one problem. How will this allow the Government to continue to enable their families, friends and donors to make huge profits from the public finances while still not delivering the promised Apps/PPE/Track and Trace etc?

Stephen

*Even the right-wing papers are commenting on this! Maybe because they're being cut out of the deals. I mean, the Telegraph could easily do PCR testing and make masks out of old copies of the papoer.

given what i have seen it does have some quite fine grained information. It could be used to identify individual households if it were in the wider public domain

Yes very much so. They could, however, go finer than borough council, just by way of comment on problematic areas when numbers are high, I suspect. The first 3 'numbers' of a postcode represent many thousands of people after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back