advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five other people in the queue at the Post Office this morning. Only one other person wearing a face covering. I was really surprised!

The woman behind the counter said they can't enforce it because they "don't get the posters until next week"(?)

lockdown is taking a toll in canada. we are tweeting about this guy again (suit may be designed by same person who did hamilton's):

EeGRB4wUMAAkVxg

The people who refuse to wear masks in England's shops are morons. Likewise the ones who don't on London buses and the Tube.

These people are dangerous, because they could pass on Covid-19. They should be fined, thrown out of the shops and kicked off public transport.

It doesn't surprise me this is happening. England has a lot of idiots in it, like the racists who voted for Brexit. I should imagine there is quite a crossover.

Jack

They need to pay for security then to enforce the wearing of masks. It shouldn't be the drivers responsibility.

Likewise the ones who don't on London buses and the Tube.

is this a London wide thing?

Took 4 trains (all in/out London) and two busses Margate/Ramsgate, and all the people I saw were 100% compliant with mask wearing. One person I saw not wearing a mask was challenged by the train manager, but that person was in possession of an exemption letter from their GP.

is this a London wide thing?

Took 4 trains (all in/out London) and two busses Margate/Ramsgate, and all the people I saw were 100% compliant with mask wearing. One person I saw not wearing a mask was challenged by the train manager, but that person was in possession of an exemption letter from their GP.

I've seen handfuls of them on public transport, which I've only just started using again. The Tube and buses are understandably relatively empty.

Jack

Sturgeon rebuked by Office of Statistics Regulation. My reading of Scotland is that it's had a similar scale of disaster (ca. 5000 excess deaths with half being in care homes), owing to the state of the nhs and the private care home sector. Clearly Sturgeon herself has been a good deal better than the Tories but that's about the extent of it. After a decade in power the SNP has to shoulder some responsibilty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-19-five-times-lower-in-scotland-than-england

I was the only person wearing a mask in Birmingham Business Park’s Greggs this morning at 8am when I picked up my Americano and bacon roll, wasn’t impressed but how can the staff serving there enforce this?

I was the only person wearing a mask in Birmingham Business Park’s Greggs this morning at 8am when I picked up my Americano and bacon roll, wasn’t impressed but how can the staff serving there enforce this?
They are managing pretty well here in Italy. Simple things like saying I’m sorry but you can’t come in without a mask, please put your mask on, I can’t serve you if you are not wearing a mask. Cops have been enforcing mask wearing here, and closing places down that don’t respect social distancing. Why is it all so hard for people in England? If kissy-kissy jibber-jabber indisciplined no concept of personal space Italians can manage in a hot climate, why can’t the innately socially distant stiff upper lipped reticent English manage?

I was in Waitrose today and asked someone who worked there where a product was.

We were about 2m, apart, both wearing masks.

They looked terrified and leant away from me so far I thought they were going to fall over backwards.

I'm taking part in a Covid-19 test. I'm negative.

I think I need an 'I'm all clear!' badge.

Stephen

Hancock aims to stop physical GP appointments as the norm in the nhs. I have found the 10 minute appointment to be extremely problematic personally, while we already have serious issues going undiagosed as a result of exsisting practice that will only be exacerbated. This buffoon is dangerous, don't imagine that it might not happen

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ld-be-remote-by-default-says-matt-hancock-nhs

I could see the 'it's going to be cheaper!' look in his eyes.

I gather he thinks a white-coat and Google will be enough. Get rid of those expensive experts.

Stephen

Hancock aims to stop physical GP appointments as the norm in the nhs. I have found the 10 minute appointment to be extremely problematic personally, while we already have serious issues going undiagosed as a result of exsisting practice that will only be exacerbated. This buffoon is dangerous, don't imagine that it might not happen

https://www.theguardian.com/society...ld-be-remote-by-default-says-matt-hancock-nhs

I guess the logical extension would be to apply AI so you're triaged by a bot first. Scary stuff.

All of Greater Manchester, East Lancs and West Yorkshire lockdown easing stopped.
Households can no longer meet indoors from midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back