advertisement

Star Trek: Picard

Me and better half loved it again. Valentines night sitting on the sofa eating toad in the hole, drinking wine and watching Picard ep 3 (rpt) followed by ep4.

Vuk,

My theory is that when the captain isn't ferrying former admirals on crazy quests, he's a Corellian smuggler or possibly the captain of a Firefly-class vessel who's looking to assemble a motley crew of lovable misfits until stupid Fox cancels the program and pisses me off.

Whether the former or later, he needs a spacious ship.

Joe
I figure hologram technology has advanced to the point that bulkheads are obsolete, they subdivide the ship as desired with holographic walls.

One moment ... error correction algorithm installed and operational.

Reboot.

I'm one of the odd fishies here, amongst the few who think Star Trek: Discovery is OK.

Joe

Nope, I thought the second season was great!

And as for “money” I always assumed that if you were in the Federation you didn’t need money unless you wanted to do “unfederationary” things no?

And yes the second season of Discovery was cool. Yes, it was.

And as for “money” I always assumed that if you were in the Federation you didn’t need money unless you wanted to do “unfederationary” things no?

One thing I’m rather liking about this series so far is the ‘glossy utopian/communist future’ thing of Next Gen/Voyager Star Trek is now looking rather shabby and the Federation/Star Fleet a lot more authoritarian, corrupt and oppressive, as any all-powerful dictatorial entity inevitably would in practice. It is certainly the first time to my knowledge the story has been told from a predominately ‘anti-Star Fleet’ perspective.

Does it use advanced 3D printing technology? Or do they just teleport matter?
Sorry, my involvement in Trek technology doesn't go very far. Because it turns to nonsense too much if you ask too many questions. Holograms use force fields and matter beaming both, I hear, but both these things are essentially magic.

I haven’t read through this whole thread, so apologies if I mentioned this earlier, but I wanted to say I’m really enjoying Star Trek: Picard.

I could nitpick if I wanted to — the entire Star Trek franchise is backed up in my head for safekeeping should CBS ever go up in flames, so trust me I can find inconsistencies — but so far I’m enjoying the ride.

Joe

One thing I found a little bit discomfiting in episode 4 was 'look--they've got the colored girl handling the comms yet again.' But basically, I think it's shaping up nicely--the new characters are taking on some form, and it may be a cool crew.

I enjoyed ep. 4 somewhat more than the previous episodes. Which was nice.

But, slightly unusually, my Trek memory is failing me (partially because I never did get quite as into Voyager as TNG and DS9, and can't remember its ending very well). How would Picard have known 7 of 9?

I enjoyed ep. 4 somewhat more than the previous episodes. Which was nice.

But, slightly unusually, my Trek memory is failing me (partially because I never did get quite as into Voyager as TNG and DS9, and can't remember its ending very well). How would Picard have known 7 of 9?

perhaps he saw pictures of her on the internet, before star-fleet revoked net neutrality.

btw -- similar reaction here to ep4.

advertisement

Back