advertisement

Star Trek: Picard

Joe P

Memory Alpha incarnate | mod; Shatner number = 2
20080507.gif

Joe

I'm gonna park this picture here —thanks anonymous man who sent it to me, man — then use it when the situation calls for it.

Qv10MR2.jpg

Joe

In the midst of my excitement I notice it is on Amazon. I don't do Amazon.

I'll wait for it to get to Netflix or iTunes I suppose.

Swampy,

I'll get it through Crave TV in Canuckistan in early 2020. Wants I should beam the episode into your brain using the Talosian mind illusion?

Joe

I’m out. Streaming (especially app-based) TV was going to save us from the shitty deluge of useless cable pay-per TV channels you never watch but have to buy as a package — but in the end streaming became a fragmented mess of over-leveraged expensive services that you have to buy into just to watch a single TV show.

I’m out. Streaming (especially app-based) TV was going to save us from the shitty deluge of useless cable pay-per TV channels you never watch but have to buy as a package — but in the end streaming became a fragmented mess of over-leveraged expensive services that you have to buy into just to watch a single TV show.

Absolutely the way it is. I cancelled Prime not long after Fleabag season 1 ended, then picked it back up for a month's charge ($12) to watch season 2. Being a cheapskate not wanting to pay $2 a show for Fleabag, I tried to gorge other stuff .... failed miserably -- I'd exhausted it already.

You have to wonder how much income these services rake in simply because people are too lazy to cancel or think they'll miss something with a scheduled release or yet to be put online. I can see a department with metrics people figuring out release dates to maximize membership.

Absolutely the way it is.

The downside is not being part of the cultural zeitgeist anymore, unless I nick it, but I don’t really know if I even want to engage with it at even that level anymore.

The upside is I am getting into DIY ‘zines again which is micropayment-Levels of money which helps a person pay for their monthly Walgreens scrip. I don’t know if I even want a /Netflix/Amazon/Disney/Apple+/HBO/BBC sub anyway. I watch a movie or show and I forget about it half a day later, I can’t begin to relate the number of times I’ve gone, “haven’t I seen this before?”

advertisement

Back