advertisement

Star Trek: Picard

About 3 episodes to go in series 2.... It does all get a bit ludicrous but a certain amount of poetic license is needed right through the opus to one extent or another... Electronics that can release not merely the magic smoke but sparks, flames and shrapnel and yet still functions always gets me! .. and if it is broken then 2 mins with a "magic screwdriver" and it's working again!

Wait 'til you get to Voyager. They're on the wrong side of the Galaxy, 20000 light years from the nearest Star Base, yet the ship takes significant damage to the shield emitter, warp core, deflector, or a warp nacelle almost every week. Not to mention multiple hull breeches. Yet somehow they always manage to fix it all by next week's episode.

I'm currently working my way through the entire Star Trek opus. Obviously in the correct and completely uncontentious order of TOS, as it started it all and everything else is referenced to it, then in the order they are chronologically set in, so Star Trek: Enterprise, and now Star Trek: Discovery.
I would say in order made. Regardless of imaginary chronology, each was created in a real universe that contained it's predecessors.

For that inevitable Star Trek/vintage computer geek overlap on the Venn diagram.
Haha! Had not even thought of Ampex in years. They built a decades-long industry leading position as an innovator in tape media systems, starting with stolen German tech in WWII. (Yes, I looked them up.) But they had no way to stay big when tape went away.

Haha! Had not even thought of Ampex in years. They built a decades-long industry leading position as an innovator in tape media systems, starting with stolen German tech in WWII. (Yes, I looked them up.) But they had no way to stay big when tape went away.

A hugely innovative company, though sadly their reputation in more recent years is largely defined by ‘sticky shed syndrome’. Whenever you hear of a master tape needing ‘baking’ chances are it’s an Ampex!

advertisement

Back