advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labour might also be surprised that Corbyn was, is and always will be hugely unpalatable to a large enough proportion of the electorate to make Labour unlikely to ever gain a majority with him at the helm, regardless of its policies. If the exit polls are correct Labour could have promised Brexit on 31st Jan and still got its arse handed to it on a plate.

The only reason the Labour Gammon herd have held their nose and voted Tory is because Corbyn wouldn't come out in full favour of Brexit.

In Scotland it doesn't look like any of the traditional Labour vote went to the Tories - seems to have been evenly split between SNP and LibDem.

I think a lot of the Corbyn bashers on here would be even more disappointed with him if he came out with a definite strategy to win over all the leave voters. The Gammon have spoken and nothing it seems will derail them.

The only way he could have won is by promising Brexit which would have pissed you lot off even more.

So what's the betting that Corbyn blames everyone but him and tries to stay on?

I was thinking that but if accurate he has no choice but to resign, he is delusional and is probably thinking he can turn this around with a few polite speeches.

Do you think life long Labour voters in constituencies in the north and midlands would even piss on a Tory if he were on fire?
Actually, yes I do from experience. Back in 2015, pre-ref, plenty I spoke to had jumped ship to Cameron as they hated the Labour leader, Sound familiar?

In Scotland it doesn't look like any of the traditional Labour vote went to the Tories - seems to have been evenly split between SNP and LibDem.

Of course, that's because you're mainly sensible remain voters, they had no reason to run to the Tories as they have an valid option in the SNP.

I was thinking that but if accurate he has no choice but to resign, he is delusional and is probably thinking he can turn this around with a few polite speeches.

Some quotes from Labour folks on the lines that Corbyn could win the next GE as it won't be about Brexit!

FFS! Grass roots generational Labour voters going over to Boris Johnson.

Brexit is strong in this part of the world, sadly, voting Tory to get it done seems not to be beyond even the likes of Bolsover!

Farage has been in and around all the towns around me for about the last 3-4 weeks straight, drumming up tactical Tory support.

Some quotes from Labour folks on the lines that Corbyn could win the next GE as it won't be about Brexit!

He'll be 75 so I very much doubt he'll want to be there. In fact, if some stories are to be believed he's going to use this as the excuse he needs to bang out.

This is shaping up to be the most depressing election since 1979. I fear this will finish the UK off - what an amazing legacy that will be for the Tories.

This is far, far worse than ‘79. This will split the UK itself up (no way Scotland will put up with this shit, nor will NI) and England will end up economically and socially like Brazil or wherever. It is death spiral time, just try not to be poor or ill for the next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back