advertisement

Election night 2019 / aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
As mentioned in another thread, my dogs pissed on the polling sign and my girls looked menacing; think they may have deterred a Tory from running our doggie/hoodie gauntlet.

Against this, on my way back from the polling station I passed a group of four people* in Barbours with two black labradors. I obviously don't know which way they voted, but they were talking nostalgically about the good old days when Thatcher was in power, so I doubt they were intending to vote for the Green Party.

* I was going to write 'elderly', but they were probably my age, so they can't possibly have been elderly.

Those three key stages have made it very difficult to see Johnson not getting a majority. I'm hoping against hope that it will not be there for him and will be glad to buy both yourself and SeanM a very large beer if Johnson fails, but don't order them yet.

It'll be beers either way that's for sure. I remember being sick the night after Major won in 92, and I'd hardly had any, I was just that fed up.

This is such a high stakes election. Tomorrow we might wake up in a fascist police state or with free broadband.
Tomorrow we might wake up in a fascist police state AND with free broadband.

Sorry, comrades. This is my idea of a joke. It's probably not at all funny.

<moderating>

The other thread was getting too long and unwieldy so I’ve locked it for this one. I’ll lock the poll one now too.

PS As stated on the other thread dodgy and no doubt photoshopped right-wing/racist memes will be deleted along with all other memes etc. Failure to comply will obviously result in bans.

<moderating>

The other thread was getting too long and unwieldy so I’ve locked it for this one. I’ll lock the poll one now too.
Ha! Love the title...”Aftermath”. For some reason various scenes from Stanley Kubrick films are popping into my head, oh and Lindsay Anderson. I wonder how much crowing (over the rubble) there’ll be tomorrow?

Ha! Love the title...”Aftermath”. For some reason various scenes from Stanley Kubrick films are popping into my head, oh and Lindsay Anderson. I wonder how much crowing (over the rubble) there’ll be tomorrow?

It feels too early to use the word ‘catastrophe’.

Just come back from voting with my son. I voted as I said I would. Son hadn't decided even on going in. What swung it was seeing schoolfriends in there - he voted local. Arfon is apparently polled to go to labour - as I said before, I'm happy with either outcome politically, but would prefer to keep the excellent incumbent. We'll see. Anything but tory seemed to be the sentiment down at the polling station. Son says friends who used to laugh at him for being political are all radicalised and fired up now. So that's the picture here.

<moderating>

PS As stated on the other thread dodgy and no doubt photoshopped right-wing/racist memes will be deleted along with all other memes etc. Failure to comply will obviously result in bans.

Sorry comrade — I thought it was OK to post items from the national press.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ery-diane-abbott-votes-two-left-footed-shoes/

PS: What do you mean by "memes"? Is that English, or just urban slang for 'something I don't agree with'?

Ah, The Daily Telegraph, The Daily Express for the nouveau riche. Who’d have guessed?

PS Still betting it was photoshopped by a far-right troll!

Well, you for one. All you had to do was check the image link. If I'd photoshopped it, the link source would be a hosting site, not the DT. It's not rocket science.

The Daily Telegraph is as low as it gets these days. Right down in the gutter with the Sun, Express, Mail etc, so I fully expect a retraction on page 32 sometime next week “apologising” for “accidentally” using a photoshopped image from an internet troll or whatever.

He said right wing/fascist. Is that not plain enough for you? Obergruppenfuhrer?
Actually, he didn't, comrade. He said "right wing / racist". I've already clarified the "fascist" issue for your benefit. The best thing, though, was the "Failure to comply will result in..." boilerplate. It's like getting a letter from John McDonnell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back