advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gintonic. I’ll take that as a compliment.

@Alex S. I know what you mean. The “Wall” are unique. You either “get it” or you don’t. There’s nothing quite like the Den when the fans are supporting the team. Unfortunately, it looks like we will never get rid of the stigma attached to the club. The regular fans are there for the football. Trouble only happens at big matches which attracts a lot of people who treat the game as an opportunity to misbehave.

@tqineil. Congratulations on promotion. Mike Reilly certainly enjoyed the play-offs !

I predict Pep will be off after next season, his dreams of big ears burst once more

Poch and Kane will do a runner as well ... trophy-less. I hope Chelsea don't try and buy the latter. The spectre of Torres hangs around his neck. It's not like Kane has got the skill of Mohamed Salah anyway.

Chelsea are getting shot of Higuain, which is good news. He was another attempt to replace Diego Costa that went down in ignominy. That was Conte's fault. At least you knew where you where when Costa swore at the referee, in between scoring goals.

Jack

If the Women's World Cup is anything to go by teams will be winning 3-2 , 6-5 etc on penalties in normal time , and don't worry if you miss you'll get another go until you score .

Frank Lampard will meet Abramovich on his Eclipse yacht later in the week. Derby County have added John Terry to the candidates to succeed him.

It's great to see former Chelsea players doing well.

Jack

53d4be84-6090-4080-81a2-df1ed0ee7778.jpg

Whoops. Former UEFA president Michel Platini has been arrested by police in an investigation into the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar. https://www.goal.com/en/news/platin...on-over-2022-world/1cretm2ellpyh1uv2fh50161ip

"French newspaper Le Monde reports that the arrest is in relation to a meeting the 63-year-old admitted attending with former France president Nicolas Sarkozy and then Qatari crown prince - now Emir - Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani just days before the vote to decide which country would host the 2022 edition of the tournament.

"In 2015, Platini was banned from football-related activity for four years - reduced twice from an initial eight - due to a breach of FIFA's code of ethics after it was found he received a "disloyal payment" from the governing body's ex-president Sepp Blatter in 2011.

"Platini has always maintained his innocence in the face of those charges."

Jack

Stop taking the pills Bob.

My prediction for top spot will happen.
The also rans order is of little relevance other than some slight interest in seeing if the dippers do what they did the previous times they led the premier at Christmas and bottled it.
They finished seventh and sixth.
It’s their destiny.
Istry says so.

nah, the petro dollar days are coming to an end pretty soon, enjoy the success, you'll be playing my team Tranmere Rovers before long, your record againt them isn't too great either!

@gintonic. I’ll take that as a compliment.

@Alex S. I know what you mean. The “Wall” are unique. You either “get it” or you don’t. There’s nothing quite like the Den when the fans are supporting the team. Unfortunately, it looks like we will never get rid of the stigma attached to the club. The regular fans are there for the football. Trouble only happens at big matches which attracts a lot of people who treat the game as an opportunity to misbehave.

@tqineil. Congratulations on promotion. Mike Reilly certainly enjoyed the play-offs !

My only problem with the New Den is vertigo.

It's great that he is technical and performance advisor. Marina Granovskaia is smiling though. This tends to mean Chelsea supporters need to be afraid ... very afraid.

An advisor sounds somehow less than a director. Micheal Emenalo, who Petr is replacing, was a director. Perhaps Marina doesn't like anybody being called a director other than her.

Jack

Frank Lampard will meet Abramovich on his Eclipse yacht later in the week

Looks like the appointment is imminent , I like Frank top guy , he never disappointed us at Goodison by not scoring ;) .
I can't help feeling the Chelsea job has come to soon , ok if Roman is going long term this time , I'm sure Frank will be ok but it's tough and if the results don't go his way for a lengthy time well...

I can't help feeling the Chelsea job has come to soon , ok if Roman is going long term this time , I'm sure Frank will be ok but it's tough and if the results don't go his way for a lengthy time well...

I know what you mean, but I don't think the Chelsea job has come too soon. If what Abramovich has reportedly said is true, Frank will have at least two seasons to build up a new team.

Chelsea are due to announce Frank as manager in the next 48 hours. https://talksport.com/football/562952/frank-lampard-chelsea-manager-48-hours-talksport-sources/

If we beat Utd in the first game of the season, things will go well ...

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back