advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much where I am at the moment.
I only managed 4 games last season as travelling from France is quite an effort especially when the style of play is slow, predictable and boring.
Lamps is Chelsea through and through and will immediately have the fans onside.
I take my hat off to for coming over from France. The drive along the M4 and round the Hammersmith roundabout just about bakes my nut.

Frank Lampard has agreed to manage Chelsea, following assurances from Abramovich he will have the job for at least two seasons. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/16/fran...eceiving-assurances-roman-abramovich-9970524/

"According to The Sunday Times, Abramovich has taken a more hands-on role with finding Sarri’s successor and had a phone call with Lampard last week in which he asked the 40-year-old to return to Stamford Bridge.

"The report claims that Abramovich promised Lampard that he will be given at least two seasons at Chelsea, which means he will still be in charge after the club have served their two-window transfer ban."

Great, this will give him a chance to bring in new players while building a team for the future.

Meanwhile scruffy Sarri wants Juventus to sign Jorginho and Emmerson. I like Emmerson, but It will be good if the former goes.

It was Sarri's insistence on Jorginho being central that knocked Kante, the best defensive midfieler in the world, to the side. A lot of supporters resented Sarri for that. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/17/maurizio-sarri-wants-juventus-sign-jorginho-emerson-palmieri-9973895/

It will be good to beat Utd in the opening match of the season.

Jack

Last edited:
City to come top, Liverpool second, all those dodgy goals they got last season will dry up now VAR is coming in.

Dodgy? Well Everton's and Spurs goalkeepers certainly assisted us with mistakes at Anfield but VAR might have done us a favour with the
clear pen of Keita at home v Leicester, and ruled out a few of Bernardo Silva's dives in crucial 1-0 victories after the season end. LFC might well be second again but hopefully they'll go one better? ;)

Liverpool won't be top 3 once VAR starts.
Salah's diving won't get them anywhere next season and refs will just have to give offside decisions unlike last season. I wonder if they'll continue to disrespect the domestic cup competitions.

I predict;

City 90+ points
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

Also great news for Utd.
David Moyes will only be on the payroll for 2 more weeks.

I predict Pep will be off after next season, his dreams of big ears burst once more

Liverpool will be top or second. Will probably also win a domestic cup, although I’d rather be champions of Europe for a 7th time than win the Carabao cup.

City’s luck of the draw in respect of draws against lower league opponents can’t last forever. Kompany’s gone, every now knows Fernandinho is an ageing cheat, and UEFA might might grow a pair and ban them for their obvious financial misdemeanours.

. every now knows Fernandinho is an ageing cheat[/QUOTE said:
Well I haven't heard that one before......

VAR should even things up, all those Liverpool offsides the refs seem reluctant to give, like the one in the last home match will be irrelevant as they will get chalked off.....

Liverpool will continue to spend and spend and spend and this time, they won't have the cushion of selling players for lots of money to even up the balance sheet. As I've said before once your club starts winning then you'll find people take a different view of where the money comes from.

Some people might find this hard to believe but the Prem is not the be-all and end-all of English football.

I’m not looking forward to next season. Millwall were terrible towards the end of last season. The wheels fell off after the loss to Brighton in the cup. Our best striker has left the club. We let our 2nd and 3rd choice keepers go and our no 1 goalie has left to join West Ham.

Neil Harris has better get a move on otherwise it’s relegation for us.

Do any other fishies support non-premier league (ie proper) clubs ? :)

There certainly are. When you support a small team, any success is so, so sweet. It’s almost boring if you win something every season.

What’s the point in having a first team squad and who knows how many players on loan at other clubs of which none of them are likely to break into the first team. Big clubs have too much at stake to take a risk on giving a young player an opportunity. Jose only bought established players. It seems that the big clubs are just keeping players as “stock” so that they are under “control” and not playing for rivals.

All of this off-season football banter cracks me up. Don’t you all know it’s now the heart of baseball season, and the soon-to-be World Series Champion Minnesota Twins are 47-23 (the best record in all of baseball)?

Just bought tickets for Wednesday night versus the Boston Red Sox. Go Twins!!

BcHw7NP.jpg

Reactions: vuk
There certainly are. When you support a small team, any success is so, so sweet. It’s almost boring if you win something every season.

What’s the point in having a first team squad and who knows how many players on loan at other clubs of which none of them are likely to break into the first team.
Big clubs have too much at stake to take a risk on giving a young player an opportunity. Jose only bought established players. It seems that the big clubs are just keeping players as “stock” so that they are under “control” and not playing for rivals.
I’ve got my fingers crossed for a transfer ban at Chelsea for that very reason!

Do any other fishies support non-premier league (ie proper) clubs ?

I am a supporter at a proper club - it is in the premiership. I thought ooh a normal football post, then you ruin it with stupid comment

As it happens I also regularly go watch non-league football at a local club and some league 2 football locally.

Some people might find this hard to believe but the Prem is not the be-all and end-all of English football.

I’m not looking forward to next season. Millwall were terrible towards the end of last season. The wheels fell off after the loss to Brighton in the cup. Our best striker has left the club. We let our 2nd and 3rd choice keepers go and our no 1 goalie has left to join West Ham.

Neil Harris has better get a move on otherwise it’s relegation for us.

Do any other fishies support non-premier league (ie proper) clubs ? :)

Millwall is my local club; the main reason I chose to support Arsenal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back