advertisement

Tory MP assaults protester

I realise that this will be a waste of typing time but...

.... When I study the video he is seated as she makes to go by him...he reaches out an arm from the seated position to stop her and she attempts to press on past him. He then escalates his efforts to restrain her. Your licensed security person picture could not apply at the time. But as you are an expert could you post the picture of how to stop someone whilst you are seated and they are moving behind you.?
He assaulted the woman.

This is wrong. You don't need to be an expert to know this, you only need to not be an arsehole.

.... When I study the video he is seated as she makes to go by him...he reaches out an arm from the seated position to stop her and she attempts to press on past him. He then escalates his efforts to restrain her. Your licensed security person picture could not apply at the time. But as you are an expert could you post the picture of how to stop someone whilst you are seated and they are moving behind you.?
If she was the first and only protester in the room and his first knowledge of an intruder was the moment she tried to get by him, your argument would have some validity. He knew exactly what was going on in the room and what he was going to do should one of them try to get past him.

I realise that this will be a waste of typing time but...

Er, what you do is stand up before she gets to you to block her path. Field had plenty of opportunity to do so as he was watching her approach from several meters away. He chose to stay seated so that he could jump at the protester.

As some one said waaaay back in this thread 'how would you feel if that was your daughter'....

Obviously a lot on here have no concept of that but from someone who does, I'd feel sick to see this happening to mine.

I also don't think the Police should have a choice to drop this even if she doesn't press it home....this is a person in public office, they need to be held to a higher standard than the person on the street and as such this should be pushed home if it does indeed quality as assault.

Unless I've misunderstood the situation, Mark Field wasn't employed as a security bod, and therefore he should have stayed on his chair, and waited for security to deal with the situation.

It reminds me of my younger days being thrown out of the disco for sneaking in the exit door without paying.

It’s just the circumstances that are making this newsworthy!

Er, what you do is stand up before she gets to you to block her path. Field had plenty of opportunity to do so as he was watching her approach from several meters away. He chose to stay seated so that he could jump at the protester.

You've absolutely no way of knowing that. She's a white skinned women in a party frock at a dinner, he wouldn't have known she shouldn't have been there until it was completely obvious. She didn't look out of place at all so just standing up in her path and blocking a random women at an event like that would probably have got him in as much trouble as he's in now!!

The camera doesn’t lie but it sounds like the MP did, though not enough to save his ministerial skin.

Even with the DUP’s cheques cashed and on side the Tories are dow to just 3 or 4 majority, so no way will this thug be losing his job!

PS Disappointingly the Greenpeace protestor isn’t pressing charges despite being clearly shaken by the assault at what was so clearly a peaceful protest. I’d have taken him to the cleaners in her shoes.

You've absolutely no way of knowing that. She's a white skinned women in a party frock at a dinner, he wouldn't have known she shouldn't have been there until it was completely obvious. She didn't look out of place at all so just standing up in her path and blocking a random women at an event like that would probably have got him in as much trouble as he's in now!!
...apart from the other 39 women similarly dressed.

PS Disappointingly the Greenpeace protestor isn’t pressing charges despite being clearly shaken by the assault at what was so clearly a peaceful protest. I’d have taken him to the cleaners in her shoes.

Doesn't that suggest that it's not such a cut 'n' dried situation from a legal perspective?

You need to look at the full video

As some one said waaaay back in this thread 'how would you feel if that was your daughter'....

Obviously a lot on here have no concept of that but from someone who does, I'd feel sick to see this happening to mine.

I also don't think the Police should have a choice to drop this even if she doesn't press it home....this is a person in public office, they need to be held to a higher standard than the person on the street and as such this should be pushed home if it does indeed quality as assault.

If it was either of my daughters I suspect he'd have got his eye wiped.

However, in all seriousness, had it been either of mine.. I'd publicly invite the **** to try throwing this 70 year old and somewhat physically compromised bod out of a boxing ring. He'd be damned either way.

advertisement

Back