advertisement

Who's heard the new ProAc SM100's?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
have you settled on an amp yet?

Not yet. SN2 for the time being. I don't think it's my end game but it's suitably more plucky and rhythmic than the A21.

I cant muster the cash for the Audionet yet so reluctant to listen.

Maybe middle of next year tho.
I'm keen to get away from all the boxes and cables.

However I did try a Class Sigma 2200 or something ... didn't think much of it at all.

The SN2 is a superb amplifier. Do not doubt this. In addition, it belongs to the same school in an orthodox way as your Studio 100. Worry about accompanying good players, and worry about physical variables that have nothing to do with the audio system itself. I insist, you have a superb amplifier. Naim never had amplifiers with such a sophisticated timbre that they unite their original stamp inherited in high Prat factor, since the arrival of the Nait XS and supernait.

Naim & Proac is a legendary marriage. Enjoy what you have and invest time in variables that require time, not more money, because you already have the necessary wicks to not worry about anything other than listening to music.

Adam, have you some high mass stands yet? and which cables are you using, NACA5?

Hi, I am still using low mass something solid custom stands. like the harbeth stands. i will try some high mass though.

Using Chord Epic. I never got on with NAC A5 but that was when I had a much different system to today.

What are your thoughts?
Cheers

chord epic is a great cable and sn2 is a great amp , takes a lot to beat it. you could always upgrade by adding a psu , or maybe you have done that .

I had these made by Custom Design. IMHO, they made a very substantial improvement. They are 30(ish)Kg each from memory.

Chord Epic SC is good stuff, NACA5 may give you a little more body to the midband. A HICAP will make a substantial difference.
From my experiences with the SM100s, they can clearly handle a much higher grade of amp and power.

I had these made by Custom Design. IMHO, they made a very substantial improvement. They are 30(ish)Kg each from memory.

Chord Epic SC is good stuff, NACA5 may give you a little more body to the midband. A HICAP will make a substantial difference.
From my experiences with the SM100s, they can clearly handle a much higher grade of amp and power.

Pack it in Cereal- showing your system.:)

Are your speakers blu- tacked to the stand or are they sitting on blobs of some description?

I second CK suggestion, Custom Design SQ404 are superb. I use custom made pair for my Harbeth 30.1

As for speaker cable Atlas Hyper 3.5 ticks all the boxes for me. Natural sound, solderless gold plated copper plugs, high quality copper conductors, ptfe/Teflon dielectric, and reasonable price. I’m not a fan of silver plated wires or expensive esoteric Hi-Fi cables.

advertisement

Back