advertisement

why Corbyn may well win the next election.

A bleak picture indeed. So why do you think Labour is supporting Conservative tax cuts for the relatively well off?

Your desperate attempts to criticise all things Labour really are pathetic. What next, accusing Labour supporters of being anti-Semitic with absolutely no evidence?

Rest assured that when Lahour win the next election, Britain's lowest paid will be given a priority with any tax cuts.

Labour are actually getting quite savvy at pulling the rug from under the Tory media's feet. They anticipated the spin that would be put on any opposition to the Tories looking after middle England and dealt with it. Job done.

But nothing has changed. The Tories will always look after their own to the disadvantage of the majority.

Because it won't prevent them from doing any of the other things they need to do, and will save them some of the votes they need to do them. Honestly, any excuse. Now Corbyn's not Class War enough for the Sensible Centrists.

I'm really not trying to bash Labour, I'm interested in their tactical thinking. I don't need excuses, and I'm not interested in Class War.

Your desperate attempts to criticise all things Labour really are pathetic. What next, accusing Labour supporters of being anti-Semitic with absolutely no evidence?

Rest assured that when Lahour win the next election, Britain's lowest paid will be given a priority with any tax cuts.
Thanks, but I thought the crux of Seanm's response was more convincing.

Are you familiar with the concept of light hearted humour?

I'm hugely impressed that it's taken you a fortnight to come up with your cutting riposte. Well done.

A 'cutting riposte'? ho ho.
I see his climb and Mays dance about equal...both typical daft attempt to pretend they are someone they are not.
In his case probably suggested by some idiot in his office tasked with making him popular. You're high up in Momentum you tell us, maybe you know the guilty party? :) Maybe it's YOU lol.

I’d take ‘Hard alt-sensible Remoaner’ if that’s allowable...
Are you sure? The Sensibles are basically the jesuits of the alt-centre. You would need to master some very advanced stuff, most of it involving the maxim about holding two contradictory ideas in mind without going mad. You will need to demonstrate your ability to:
  • Attack Labour for being too soft on immigration and for not opposing Brexit
  • Deplore Labour's class war instincts while decrying their proposed bungs to the middle class
  • Gnash your teeth at the loss of civility in public life while insisting that everyone spends all their time debating fascist provocateurs
  • All while celebrating your own Sensibilism and constantly demanding that The Grown-ups Be Put Back In Charge
If you think you have the necessary skills then these people want to hear from you.

Are you sure? The Sensibles are basically the jesuits of the alt-centre. You would need to master some very advanced stuff, most of it involving the maxim about holding two contradictory ideas in mind without going mad. You will need to demonstrate your ability to:
  • Deplore Labour's class war instincts while decrying their proposed bungs to the middle class
  • Gnash your teeth at the loss of civility in public life while insisting that everyone spends all their time debating fascist provocateurs
  • All while celebrating your own Sensibilism and constantly demanding that The Grown-ups Be Put Back In Charge
If you think you have the necessary skills then these people want to hear from you.
Seems entirely reasonable :<)

I'm interested in Labour's tactical thinking. I don't need excuses. I'm not interested in Class War.
Chuka's new baby. Zero information about where its funding comes from, unless I'm missing something.

Are you sure?

I admit I would like to sneak ‘neo’ in there as well, but you have already told me I can’t. I think it has legs as a pejorative though, which is the main thing. I love the idea of an anti-sensible march.

800028436_500W_500H.jpg

Indeed: I'm quite serious when I say that we could do with a good bit more anti-sensibilism.

Nonsensibles. Hmmm.

A bleak picture indeed. So why do you think Labour is supporting Conservative tax cuts for the relatively well off?
Because the tax cuts for middle classes are relatively small, and to oppose them would hand the Tory press propaganda headlines for weeks on end. It makes better sense to ignore middle class benefits and focus on improving bottom end

Never mind all that...

I noticed that yesterday the BBC's lunchtime headline was a Government 'Zero Tolerance' initiative to combat violence against NHS staff. Excuse me, but I thought that was already policy and perpetrators dealt with under the Law?

I noticed that today the BBC's lunchtime headline was a Government 'initiative' to combat Organised Crime. Excuse me, but I thought that was already policy?

Indeed, it seems that both of the above are already covered under the Law and that the only thing really preventing their application, is funding.

I heard nothing about extra funding to deal with either of the above.. indeed it was specifically stated that the Organised Crime initiative is to be dealt with from 'existing budgets'.

I look forward to tomorrow's 'initiative' with interest.

Now.. call me cynical.. but could any of this be window dressing by a morally and intellectually bankrupt 'One Idea' Govt. determined to continue destroying our services and infrastructure whilst saying all the 'right things' ?

Nahhh... surely not...

Nicola Sturgeon called it "shameful" and Liz Truss said that "there was space for Mr McDonnell on the Tory frontbench". I expect they were referring to McDonnell's validation of tax cuts for the better off. I'm sure Momentum members will be as baffled as I am at the apparent hypocrisy.

Nicola Sturgeon called it "shameful" and Liz Truss said that "there was space for Mr McDonnell on the Tory frontbench". I expect they were referring to McDonnell's validation of tax cuts for the better off. I'm sure Momentum members will be as baffled as I am at the apparent hypocrisy.
That the right wing nihilists who waved through the Tories’ Welfare Bill should try to attack McDonnell from the left is many things, but baffling it is not. They are as you say hypocrites, and they are also political idiots, and idiotic, hypocritical self-owns is what they do.

That the right wing nihilists who waved through the Tories’ Welfare Bill should try to attack McDonnell from the left is many things, but baffling it is not. They are as you say hypocrites, and they are also political idiots, and idiotic, hypocritical self-owns is what they do.

The issue is not the "right wing nihilists" whoever they may be, but the hypocrisy from the Labour front bench on this issue. For once can you respond to the issue instead of having a go at those who point out the apparent shortcomings of Corbyn and co.

The issue is not the "right wing nihilists" whoever they may be, but the hypocrisy from the Labour front bench on this issue. For once can you respond to the issue instead of having a go at those who point out the apparent shortcomings of Corbyn and co.
Labour’s position on tax was spelled out in the 2017 manifesto. They have no reason at all to Chuck their own tax plans away in a knee jerk reaction to those of the Tories. That is all there is to it. It is just embarrassing watching right wingers like Alison McGovern play the class warrior now. They simply have no credibility trying to attack McDonnell from the left, and neither do you. They look like opportunistic **** stirrers, and so do you.

advertisement

Back