advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-25 speaker cables

I'm now 10 days in the LS 25 and all I can say is, it really doesn't sound like anything. Now the caveat that comes with that is that, it might not suit a particular system depending on what else is within the chain. I'd certainly recommend people trying it and see if it suits and in terms of the expense, my experience is that it's an upgrade on par with changing a pretty major piece of kit.

I've not tried it with anything but my current system, all I can reiterate is that; if you want to hear what your amp/s and speakers are truely capable, get a pair!!

Isn't that what the cable spacers are for? Sound quality is much better if you can run the cables in a straight line instead of having bends in the cable - think about the phase errors caused by part of the signal taking the outer curve while another part takes the inner curve!

Has anyone seen Julf recently?
Does anyone live near Julf in RL, and able to check he's OK?

Genuinely concerned btw - I'm worried he might currently be trapped under the filing cabinet where he keeps his credentials.

Well, two weeks in and I can't really give you a downside to the cables bar, to many they are expensive. Genuinely impressed and not a little surprised so, there you go.

Fortunately for you, your credential cabinet is so vacuous you'd suffer nary a scratch.

Still would be fine anyway as he scanned all his credentials and certificates to pdf long ago so it would only be the weight of a USB stick.

Julf had the same idea but unfortunately spent the last 12 months comparing the measurements of different flatbed scanners and in the meantime got crushed by his filing cabinet.

Still waiting for Mark to get back in touch. Appreciate he may have been on holiday as I am, has anyone had a recent email etc?

Fortunately for you, your credential cabinet is so vacuous you'd suffer nary a scratch.

Did you miss, by any chance, the story of the two dogs?

Anyway, you should thank your lucky stars El Duderino is in a good mood.

Julf logged on to pfm almost every day since the beginning of the month, but not posted.
He must be really busy, but not quite that busy.

No point I'm afraid, The cost is above what I'm prepared to pay for speaker cable.

I was in exactly the same camp and for some reason thought, go for it and see if they are actually any good. They are, if you have mono blocks sitting under your speakers the cable is actually dare I say it; "a bit of a bargain".

advertisement

Back