advertisement

Is there any science to back up these little feet

An even simpler test, sit with your eyes shut,music playing and ask a friend to lift the Cd player from its support, you 'should' be able to pick every time the CDP is moved.
Keith.
I will do this & get back, I hope you do the same & carry out the test I suggested, seems fair though as I said your not going to say you hear a difference now are you, after all of this so pointless :)

I have ears like a bat so be warned.

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/hi-fi-equipment-supports/278-deflex-polipods-isolation-feet.html

Is anyone aware of any science to back up that these little rubber feet actually absorb energy from vibration, I suppose it's claimed it turns it into heat but can anyone actually provide written evidence of this or is it more a case of changing the sound rather than anything scientific.

Why did you ask this question when you responded as you have when you got someone aware of the science?

Who is deluded Steven? Your the one who thinks hard plastic isolates vibration.

I find that the plastic, designed as it is, lifts more information off recordings making the musical content therein more informative, involving and enjoyable.

I did not simply perform a rather crude experiment with a plastic cup and measure it.

It is only meaningless in the heads of black-and-white thinking, certainty-craving objectivists.

This has nothing to do with certainty. It's your black and white thinking that doesn't accept that others don't hear these differences. Something which the science and measurement supports, and something which blind testing tends to support.

Yep, just done that. Moved my mdac from a cheap idea table, to solid wooden floor with concrete underneath to carpeted floor. Not a jot of difference in the sound.

Oh sorry you said CD player. Give me 10 minutes and i will repeat with my oppo player.
Of course you didn't :rolleyes:

It is only meaningless in the heads of black-and-white thinking, certainty-craving objectivists.

Steven, have you considered using a simple code for your three contributions to the audio room?

This one, for example could be 'C'. You could then combine them e.g. "C,A" or "B,C,A". Imagine how much time that would save!

Why did you ask this question when you responded as you have when you got someone aware of the science?
I'm still waiting

Still no written evidence of this rubbery substance will improve the sound.

I know it will change the sound, but for the better?

Also, as I said earlier, where does it state sorbothane on the packaging, I can't see it so why is anyone discussing it.

I find that the plastic, designed as it is, lifts more information off recordings making the musical content therein more informative, involving and enjoyable.

I did not simply perform a rather crude experiment with a plastic cup and measure it.

Why do you keep referring to plastic cups??.???

You and the manufacturer claim that your solid plastic stand isolates vibration, and this improves the performance of the equipment.

I just demonstrated by using known and proven vibration theory, and confirmed with measurement that it doesn't.

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

Douglas Adams

Steven, have you considered using a simple code for your three contributions to the audio room?

This one, for example could be 'C'. You could then combine them e.g. "C,A" or "B,C,A". Imagine how much time that would save!

The same could be said of a number of threadbare objectivist clichés like:

wild claims

without evidence

blind testing

I hear them but they are just not relevant to the listening experience unlike what actually emerges from the loudspeakers.

I would strongly recommend you read ,'Sound Reproduction' by Floyd Toole.
It covers everything, including the fundamentals of sound transmission, I am sure it would help your understanding.
Keith.

I hear them but they are just not relevant to the listening experience unlike what actually emerges from the loudspeakers.
what are these plastic stands mentioned, be interested in having a look at these, plastic certainly doesn't store energy the way metal & glass do so I imagine it would be a superior option.

Light & stiff is the way to go for me, hence my oak speaker stands, nice.

So gross distortions to the frequency response, maybe in the order of 10 to 15dB and decay times possibly in the seconds at certain frequencies aren't relevant to the listening experience?

Really Steven, you are being a silly billy:D

And you claim to hear the difference a peek a boo plastic clip makes when attach to your stand.

You have no credibility.

what are these plastic stands mentioned, be interested in having a look at these, plastic certainly doesn't store energy the way metal & glass do so I imagine it would be a superior option.

Light & stiff is the way to go for me, hence my oak speaker stands, nice.

Oak is quite heavy, though.

http://www.musicworks-hifi.com/products/

They are based in Cheadle on the Cheshire/Manchester border.

The next time I go up you could come along. Iirc you live not far from me.

advertisement

Back