advertisement

Is there any science to back up these little feet

Some really hate others who hear differences, these threads are always amusing, it started with me asking if their is any science to these feet "improving" sound & we are back at the everything sounds the same nonsense,

Engineers are the worst people to ask about audio, they see everything in black & white, we all know things are not that simple.

Some really hate others who hear differences, these threads are always amusing, it started with me asking if their is any science to these feet "improving" sound & we are back at the everything sounds the same nonsense,

Engineers are the worst people to ask about audio, they see everything in black & white, we all know things are not that simple.

I've found that the real audio design engineers who make stuff are actually quite open-minded.

If you want to know about the relevant science/engineering behind audio phenomena, then it's generally best to ask a scientist/engineer. But as you have a fixed position on the matter ('I can hear a difference, therefore there is a difference'), you are clearly only interested in a certain type of answer.

I'm still waiting

Still no written evidence of this rubbery substance will improve the sound.

I know it will change the sound, but for the better?

Also, as I said earlier, where does it state sorbothane on the packaging, I can't see it so why is anyone discussing it.
You are such a hard person to satisfy. Did you do any science at school or after?

I've found that the real audio design engineers who make stuff are actually quite open-minded.
Agreed, I have found this also, it's the repair guys, the guys who make claims yet produce nothing I find completely closed off.

When I say produce, I mean produce hifi equipment or accessories, I find these guys think on a different level.

Maybe they should read up on chaos theory, it would blow their closed little minds

If you want to know about the relevant science/engineering behind audio phenomena, then it's generally best to ask a scientist/engineer. But as you have a fixed position on the matter ('I can hear a difference, therefore there is a difference'), you are clearly only interested in a certain type of answer.
My question in the op is not regarding if it changes the sound, of course it will, my question, & I repeat for the hundredth time, where is the science to show it improves the sound, the company claims it does but show no findings, seems a fair question when someone is making money from an idea currently in production.

So gross distortions to the frequency response, maybe in the order of 10 to 15dB and decay times possibly in the seconds at certain frequencies aren't relevant to the listening experience?

Really Steven, you are being a silly billy:D

And you claim to hear the difference a peek a boo plastic clip makes when attach to your stand.

You have no credibility.

I have no credibility with those of a measurist persuasion. Nothing new there!

If the distortions were as gross as you describe (10 to 15 dB? Wow!) they would be bloody awful to the point of being unlistenable.

I once had a room like that. I moved house.

Agreed, I have found this also, it's the repair guys, the guys who make claims yet produce nothing I find completely closed off.

Maybe they should read up on chaos theory, it would blow their closed little minds

Meteorology is a good starting point.

My question in the op is not regarding if it changes the sound, of course it will, my question, & I repeat for the hundredth time, where is the science to show it improves the sound, the company claims it does but show no findings, seems a fair question when someone is making money from an idea currently in production.

It has taken me a while to see where you were going with the OP...

:)

We don't know everything just yet, we like to think we do but obviously we don't (Higgs boson)

It has taken me a while to see where you were going with the OP...

:)
I should have been a little clearer possibly

I asked this question based on a remark from another thread where they claimed these little feet had improved the sound no end, I forget which thread but I looked at them & read on the packaging etc & it got me thinking.

I can see where it may damp the chassis but not internally, I would have thought this substance would need to be place in critical areas inside the casework to work fully & even then, the question remains, why will it improve the sound?

All of these so called experts here are yet to show any findings on if it will or won't, just the usual guff & patronisation of individuals to look superior, nothing new, should have expected it.

I know why my oak stands have improved the sound of my speakers as opposed to metal due to energy storage & stability, which is much improved on the wood, but this stuff, I cannot see how it would, it obviously stores the energy in the substance, then what, turns it into heat? I have heard this one a million times yet no company has yet produced results to show this, the last excuse I heard was it was too low to show any measureable results, yeah right.

Joe Hutch,

What is your particular interest in this thread?

None, really. I'm putting off tussling with my dissertation, and trying to decide whether or not to buy a pair of speakers, so am riffing off one of the usual subj/obj circular marathons with my usual mixture of wry humour, YouTube videos and pointed questions, which may not be much, but is at least a change to the usual yes/no, did/didn't stuff that was boring enough to listen to when my children were 5 and 2 and arguing the toss in the back of the car. You are no longer in a position to ban me for posting a video link, so you'll just have to put up with it, at least until I go and have some lunch, or decide that procrastination is the thief of time and get stuck into the footnotes.

advertisement

Back