advertisement

September 9th for Beatles mono LPs...

Abbey Road was their swan song. What with it being conceived after Let It Be.

Abbey Road was released before Let it Be though, wasn't it?

Let it Be was also re-engineered too by Phil Spector which is why it was released after Abbey Road or have I got that round the wrong way?

Yes Let It Be was released after Abbey Road, but the original recordings of the former were done before AR. Spector then got hold of them and did his stuff. For me Side 2 of Abbey Road sounds like the most natural "signing off" by a band....ever. The End.
20th August 1969 was the last time all 4 Beatles were together in a studio during a Beatles session, while stereo mixing of I Want You (She's So Heavy) was done.

Never had you pegged as a Beatles fan but bet you'd like The White Album. The mono recording of this is great fun. I don't think I recall listening to the entire fourth side ever until recently acquiring this box.

Well, we are all something of a work in progress, experience has changed me and tastes shift a bit. Need to give it some thought. Maybe November time... being a little behind the curve and picking up music on the Amazon marketplace.

Yes Let It Be was released after Abbey Road, but the original recordings of the former were done before AR. Spector then got hold of them and did his stuff. For me Side 2 of Abbey Road sounds like the most natural "signing off" by a band....ever. The End.
20th August 1969 was the last time all 4 Beatles were together in a studio during a Beatles session, while stereo mixing of I Want You (She's So Heavy) was done.

Thanks thought I wasn't imagining things, btw that's my birthday, that date above would have been my tenth, love that track too.

Still prefer Abbey Road to almost everything else that the Beatles ever did, for me though, the best song out of the lot, certainly the early stuff, is Smokey Robinson's You Really Got A Hold On me but I do love Motown.

Well, we are all something of a work in progress, experience has changed me and tastes shift a bit. Need to give it some thought. Maybe November time... being a little behind the curve and picking up music on the Amazon marketplace.

Might be good timing. I read somewhere that 40,000 were produced and only 3,000 have been sold to date in the US. I paid $336 including shipping, I think there will be deals to be had below that.

The box is real nice and oozes quality.

Phew - right, listened to the entire box now. Amazingly quiet pressings (as were the half dozen of the stereo LPs I bought in 2012) - a couple of very slight, faint crackles between two or three tracks and that's it.
So why the hell can't other pressings be this flat or quiet?

Mick

A real treat. Coming from near Liverpool in 1976/7 there was No Elvis, No Beatles, No Rolling Stones. The phenomenon was a hindrance to progress. Almost 40 years on I've allowed my self to research ancient history. It's very good. The vinyl and the packaging is second to none. Lovingly and sympathetically packaged. Poly inners and faithfully reproduced sleeves in a bomb proof box!

It might be. If item plus P+P came to less than £15, that would be fine, but with it being slightly over, I wouldn't like to say for sure.

Revolver from 'All Your Music' delivered today - not been charged any extra VAT so including delivery cost was only £15.13 :)

John,

Do you think a Beatles USB stick in the shape of an apple, with mono 24-bit, 192 kHz files, will be the next release?

Joe

John,

Do you think a Beatles USB stick in the shape of an apple, with mono 24-bit, 192 kHz files, will be the next release?

Joe

Might have to be a couple years so the estate can spread out their income a bit. ;)

John,

I know. Much milking and bilking are going on. That said, the mono LPs are great and probably as good as it gets.

I don't regret buying the records, but I wish they had been released when the mono CD box was so my contribution to the estate could have been a bit less substantial.

Joe

John,

I know. Much milking and bilking are going on. That said, the mono LPs are great and probably as good as it gets.

I don't regret buying the records, but I wish they had been released when the mono CD box was so my contribution to the estate could have been a bit less substantial.

Joe

I bought the mono cd box shortly after the 2012 stereo records were released because I was curious and got it for a great price. It's nice to have as my daughters have ripped them to their Macs and they enjoy listening their music.

Box is 275 Euros from Amazon Germany - good deal.

OK, that's it. I'm sending my box (preordered at 360€ on amazon.de) back and I'm ordering a new one - as ridulous as this really is. I will be able to buy a couple extra LPs for the same money and the post is gonna make some profit.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back