advertisement

September 9th for Beatles mono LPs...

Stop the madness!!!!
Just received my Italian package @ €305/£238 & returned Uk box to Amazon who have refunded me £289. Checked the German site but price is now €378. Time to just enjoy the music I think!
Box is 275 Euros from Amazon Germany - good deal.

Revlover arrived from Dodax today. Sounds great even to a Beatles novice – I can hear the difference between this and the mono remaster CD I have.

One serious question - were the flip-backs really that big in the 60s - or have they been super-sized since then? Anyone with a ruler?

It's possibly a difference between Garrod and Lofthouse and Ernest J Day as cover printers?

Mine are first pressings, but not rare ones. XEX-605-2 and XEX-606-2 (stereo copy is YEX-605-1 and YEX-606-1), 'Dr Robert' on the sleeve and 'Doctor Robert' on the label.

Paul

Is this the cheapest price so far CDN$ 359.99 (Amazon Canada) which is approx £200

Not if you're in the EU. Amazon Canada are charging about £40.00 minimum for shipping to the UK, plus you have the likely (~20 - 25% of total purchase price) import fees to add in.

It's possibly a difference between Garrod and Lofthouse and Ernest J Day as cover printers?

Mine are first pressings, but not rare ones. XEX-605-2 and XEX-606-2 (stereo copy is YEX-605-1 and YEX-606-1), 'Dr Robert' on the sleeve and 'Doctor Robert' on the label.

Paul

I don't know whether I've ever seen one. Were the first ones laminated? I've yet to see anyone do a reproduction cover with the laminate. Train-spotter stuff, I know.

They've worked hard at these. The vinyl is good (not too heavy), the labels are good and the printing is good. They've even used poly-lined inners - which is a must for anyone putting out good vinyl – and so many skimp on that.

They have what looks like a thin plastic surface covering over the front of the sleeve that ends just before the edge of the flaps. So I guess that means they're laminated?

Paul

They have what looks like a thin plastic surface covering over the front of the sleeve that ends just before the edge of the flaps. So I guess that means they're laminated?

Paul

That sounds like it. A traditional varnished coating gave everything a high gloss and hence higher contrast artwork. The laminate cover versions of albums are often the ones that collectors pay for. It can start peel off with age, though.

Not if you're in the EU. Amazon Canada are charging about £40.00 minimum for shipping to the UK, plus you have the likely (~20 - 25% of total purchase price) import fees to add in.

I was more meaning the cheapest price it has been offered for sale at (not what it would cost to get it into the UK)

I was more meaning the cheapest price it has been offered for sale at (not what it would cost to get it into the UK)

Sorry, I understand now. In which case, I think the cheapest anywhere has been either the booksamillion or blowitoutahere sites in the US, where it is available for US$300 (~£185.00, less on occasions when they have special sale days) although they aren't available outside the US/Canada.

Just to say I've been busy making a back up for a friend of this and I have to say it's probably the best box set I have had access to to date.

If anyone out there likes the Beatles, likes vinyl, and is undecided. put it on your Christmas list.

Well, the Day has arrived, finally I will get to unwrap my new Beatles mono box! I might not get a chance to properly listen but just to see them, man I can't wait! To all PFM readers I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Peace and Love, as Gregory Porter would say...

advertisement

Back