advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part XXVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will make a bank deposit tomorrow then make a payment.

Steve,

Your on the 'At Cost upgrade list" as your an existing L2 Toy/Fusion owner - you will only need to send funds at stage 4, the final stage = “Production unit cost” £150 ~ £200 + optional Vishay Z-foil resistors + shipping etc

I do strongly recommend that as soon as the units are ready, those who are interested in a salvaged unit forward the funds so we can physically secure there unit.

IAG are currently in the process of moving there entire manufacturing operation - thus stalling production for the coming months, a knock-on effect I expect will be new MDAC's will be hard to come by... so to prevent any problems I'm keen to physically have stock of the required salvaged units.

The pricing of salvaged units will be around £350.

Hey John,

How can I pay upfront for the salvaged unit now? Lakewestaudio.com only shows an option for first installment.

Hey John,

How can I pay upfront for the salvaged unit now? Lakewestaudio.com only shows an option for first installment.

We don't have the final confirmed price - once we do we will add the payment option on PayPal.

Great John,

We have a lift off ... first installment in place.

Exciting journey ahead of us.

/Take care

Lars

Steve,

Your on the 'At Cost upgrade list" as your an existing L2 Toy/Fusion owner - you will only need to send funds at stage 4, the final stage = “Production unit cost” £150 ~ £200 + optional Vishay Z-foil resistors + shipping etc

I'm a muppet. :)

OK, I'll send first payment now and keep an eye on the site daily.

Thank you - looks like we will need to source about 32 units at the moment.

For those of you who are on the wiki list for a new condition salvaged unit - could you please state wither you require a silver or black unit (if you have not already done so).

Thank you - looks like we will need to source about 32 units at the moment.

For those of you who are on the wiki list for a new condition salvaged unit - could you please state wither you require a silver or black unit (if you have not done so already).

I honestly wouldn't mind a few marks on my unit, never been one for keeping things pristine if that helps.

I honestly wouldn't mind a few marks on my unit, never been one for keeping things pristine if that helps.

Same here. Also, I've requested black, but I'm not massively fussed if it has to be a silver. In fact, I don't even need the remote.
Excitement is building now. Payment sent :)

Steve,

May I ask my question again: do the new arrangements mean that if we want a fully-fusioned MDAC2 then we will need to buy more new resistors?

- Richard.

May I ask my question again: do the new arrangements mean that if we want a fully-fusioned MDAC2 then we will need to buy more new resistors?

- Richard.

Richard.

I answered Phil awhile back who also asked the same question:-

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2102704&postcount=455

"As part of the MDAC2 development path I plan to build a prototype of an idea I have for a unique analogue stage, if this idea proves successful then only 4 Bulk foil "Fusion" resistors will be for the "Direct" analogue path - with options to use bulk foils in the more critical "secondary" circuit positions for the "Flagship" spec'ed version.

At any rate, the some of the current resistor values are unlikely to be used for the MDAC2 PCB... "

Hi John, I've got an mdac with you awaiting upgrade and toy status. If I would like a fusioned mdac2 and am capable of switching the boards myself, should I pay you the cost upgrade fee when the time comes plus the fusion resistor kit cost and post you the old board back so that you can make use of the parts?

Hi John, I've got an mdac with you awaiting upgrade and toy status. If I would like a fusioned mdac2 and am capable of switching the boards myself, should I pay you the cost upgrade fee when the time comes plus the fusion resistor kit cost and post you the old board back so that you can make use of the parts?

Yes, that's the idea - like Steve you will only need to send funds at stage 4, the final stage = “Production unit cost” £150 ~ £200 + optional Vishay Z-foil resistors + shipping etc.

At the moment we are not asking for the return of the original MDAC board unless we are forced to salvage parts if we are way over our cost budget for some unexpected reasons.

John...

I've edited my entry on the "at cost" section, to say I'd like a refurbished case, probably silver, but the family vote is split, so can I change my mind later? I'll go for full spec, and would really be a happy man if I got an analogue input for my turntable too (with some form of gain control). Coffee making facilities too, but not essential...
Am I right to say I need to send development money at stage 4, but I'll need to find some money for my refurbished donor machine soon, but unknown exact cost at the moment?

Have I got it?

Richard.

I answered Phil awhile back who also asked the same question:-

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2102704&postcount=455

"As part of the MDAC2 development path I plan to build a prototype of an idea I have for a unique analogue stage, if this idea proves successful then only 4 Bulk foil "Fusion" resistors will be for the "Direct" analogue path - with options to use bulk foils in the more critical "secondary" circuit positions for the "Flagship" spec'ed version.

At any rate, the some of the current resistor values are unlikely to be used for the MDAC2 PCB... "

IIRC that was what prompted my original question.

So that's a 'yes' then...

Do you know how many new ones will be required for the full fusion, or is it too soon??

- Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back