advertisement

The inevitable Royal Baby thread

You are sick, be ashamed.

You infer if the baby was killed that would be good.

It's a human you sick individual.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten how caught up in all the hysteria you get. Were you lurking outside the hospital yesterday evening in your dressing gown like the other loons who were just on the radio?

New royal born, huge storm at night. Coincidence? I thinks not. Anyways, given all the foreign media we've been hosting, it still seems like a good idea to auction them off to the highest foreign bidder.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten how caught up in all the hysteria you get. Were you lurking outside the hospital yesterday evening in your dressing gown like the other loons who were just on the radio?

New royal born, huge storm at night. Coincidence? I thinks not. Anyways, given all the foreign media we've been hosting, it still seems like a good idea to auction them off to the highest foreign bidder.

Anex

You have every right to advocate the scrapping of the Monarchy but at least do it with some intelligence and good taste. Your contribution to this thread has made you look incredibly foolish and rather unpleasant.

I suspect in real life, you are a decent person but it is pretty bad form, even in jest, to suggest killing a child who is only a couple of hours old.

Mick

Keith. We haven't had a King Keith yet.

The poor little baby signed up to come here imagining skateboarding, mountain biking, parties, girlies, music festivals, Thailand, driving route 66, getting wasted, surfing, etc. He'll have none of that.

We had my wife's American cousins over here last year and found ourselves outside Buckingham Palace (like you do :rolleyes: ) with something going on - changing of the guard or something, and up by the house were a bunch of lesser Royals dressed in their blazers and ties, along with these poor 8-10 year olds, dressed like little old men, having to watch this boring spectacle and being 'on duty'. These poor children will never do the things we loved to do and I feel extremely sorry for them all. Although King Keith will have a very privileged life removed from the worries of poverty, his life would not be one I would wish upon anyone; metaphorically gazing out of the palace window, watching normal children do fun stuff, whilst having to don another blazer and tie to stand at Westminster Abbey for hours on end at another bloody ceremony. He'll have no freedom to either be a normal child or be a normal adult, or have a normal relationship.

I truly hope he can find happiness in his artificially stunted 'life' and if he is the one to change things to end this ridiculousness, then I wish him well. It isn't his fault he was born into a hot seat. He is not yet one day old, and yet his life is already mapped out by others. The Monarchy is a terrible thing to have in this age of the enlightened and it's way past time it ended.

Anex

You have every right to advocate the scrapping of the Monarchy but at least do it with some intelligence and good taste. Your contribution to this thread has made you look incredibly foolish and rather unpleasant.

I suspect in real life, you are a decent person but it is pretty bad form, even in jest, to suggest killing a child who is only a couple of hours old.

Mick

Mick,

I didn't actually suggest killing a child. Assuming I did makes you look incredibly foolish and rather unpleasant etc. etc. etc.

The post wasn't actually meant to mean anything beyond the BBC having an attack helicopter. However, I can see how it could be misread, but I can't say I didn't enjoy flatpopely getting all flustered about the Royals again.

I truly hope he can find happiness in his artificially stunted 'life' and if he is the one to change things to end this ridiculousness, then I wish him well. It isn't his fault he was born into a hot seat. He is not yet one day old, and yet his life is already mapped out by others. The Monarchy is a terrible thing to have in this age of the enlightened and it's way past time it ended.

Seems like the perfect time to abolish the lot of them, before the new one is brainwashed.

I doubt he will be brainwashed. I'm sure he will eventually be fully aware of the life out there that he will be denied.
It is incredibly cruel and it would be a blessing to abolish this outdated and irrelevant institution without further delay.

With the current Queen insisting on sitting dribbling in the wheelthrone until she is 110 the other buggers will be stacked up generations deep and King Keith will be waiting his turn until he's about 90 before he even gets a glimpse of what he is prepared for. The Queen is doing huge damage by not passing down the Monarchy. If we had a king under 40 it may, just possibly, be worthwhile having them.

Mick,

I didn't actually suggest killing a child. Assuming I did makes you look incredibly foolish and rather unpleasant etc. etc. etc.

Anex

Your response did come across as a joke in bad taste and it was rather unpleasant.

Better had you just retracted it.

Mick

I doubt he will be brainwashed. I'm sure he will eventually be fully aware of the life out there that he will be denied.
It is incredibly cruel and it would be a blessing to abolish this outdated and irrelevant institution without further delay.

Any life involving that lifestyle, all paid for from birth is a form of brainwashing. And it'll go unappreciated too as it'll always be there.

Anex

Your response did come across as a joke in bad taste and it was rather unpleasant.

Better had you just retracted it.

Mick

You are on your moral high horse this morning. Perhaps you could head up an internet task force for Dave.

Mick,

The post wasn't actually meant to mean anything beyond the BBC having an attack helicopter. However, I can see how it could be misread, but I can't say I didn't enjoy flatpopely getting all flustered about the Royals again.

I think it's obvious what you meant, why make the post otherwise? Getting all 'flustered' about my response is the least of your worries, your lack of respect for a human being should get you thinking!

My views on the monarchy are irrelevant, its the sanctity of a human life that I am concerned about.

Who the hell cares!

It has as much relevance to me as a stranger having a baby over the other side of town. Its another miracle!

Then again its almost impossible to escape the news reports ramming it down my throat. Telly off for days.... ah peace at last.

Kill your television!

There are billions of people who find this stuff fascinating. Ignoring that fact won't change it in the least.

Chris

There are billions of people who find this stuff fascinating. Ignoring that fact won't change it in the least.

Chris

Though I wish it weren't so, I agree with Chris.

Best thing to do is ignore it, hope Charles becomes King and F&^cKs up the whole shebang.

I assume royalists are desperately hoping the queen outlives her son?

Stephen

There are billions of people who find this stuff fascinating
If 'billions' are, then that means a very significant portion of the world's population are gripped by it. We're doomed...

I mean, my granny's heavily into the royal family and all that; but I would think most happy and healthy adults would have far better things to do than follow such news. They could have a good argument about whether two similarly specified amplifiers sound different! :D

If 'billions' are, then that means a very significant portion of the world's population are gripped by it. We're doomed...

I mean, my granny's heavily into the royal family and all that; but I would think most happy and healthy adults would have far better things to do than follow such news. They could have a good argument about whether two similarly specified amplifiers sound different! :D

My nan hates the royal becuase they murdered Diana, who was a lovely girl.

I think it's obvious what you meant, why make the post otherwise? Getting all 'flustered' about my response is the least of your worries, your lack of respect for a human being should get you thinking!

My views on the monarchy are irrelevant, its the sanctity of a human life that I am concerned about.

It's obvious what you took my post to mean. You jumped to conclusions. Stop getting in a flap.

advertisement

Back