advertisement

Linn Sara to EPOS ES14s - An insight

I have sara`s and 14`s ....... the 14`s sound so thin and exhausted the sara`s sound more at home .. so the epos now live in the garage

Maybe the 14's are looking for a new home and want to leave the garage?

If yes, give me a PM .....

He's just stringing you along so you turn up. Once you're here we plan kidnapping you and forcing you through a 12 step plan aimed at getting you back on the path towards genuine hifidelity.

Serial numbers 17421/22 which makes them from 1986.

They are the last of the ones to use the doped bass unit with the white card and have 4mm sockets, IMHO the best iteration.

Thanks for that info. I'm tempted to try some Saras myself and wondered which version to give a go. Are the Sara 9's any good or do you feel they lost the magic with the 9 ?

So much so we have already worked out a plan to get the crossover into shoebox case and refurb the cabinets!

Yep, we are going to take the drivers and crossovers out of the cabinets, put the the crossovers in their own cabinets, change the drivers and put them in different cabinets...

When we are finished they will look like this:

epos14pic1.jpg

Oh, hang on.....(only kidding :D)

Oh dear! What is Mark going to say?

He has no place to criticise as I believe his own beloved ES14's have been usurped by a shiny pair of NS-1000M's.

sara 9's are superb. easily the best version. they are the stablemate of the 4th order isobarik (the best passive version of the barik).

Or not!

They use an inferior driver and crossover.

Why do you say that? - I thought the driver is still the same ie B200 1014 - its just in the S9 they have not got the fancy dust cap covers!

I agree that sound might be improved which is why I am following with great interest the project on the Liinn Forum re making Saras active using the upgraded Scanspeak tweeter and B200 1039s. BTW - what was the difference in the crossovers?

I have some SARAs boxed up in a loft. Rounded fronts, white dustcaps, horizontal XLR. Obviously the best vintage...

I ought to give them away sometime.

Paul

advertisement

Back