advertisement

Linn Sara to EPOS ES14s - An insight

Mdf is inherently pourous

My big cnc machine has a vacuum bed that will happily suck down an 8x4 sheet through another 8x4 sheet.

Air tightness over a musical transient is not the same as a box that will over a couple of days equalise atmospheric pressure.

So please no more talk of putting pin pricks in roll surrounds or some dickhead will actually do it!

What about between the two drivers? There is no MDF there it's plastic and doped cone.

i bought the cabs off ebay and am joining Andrew in sara renovation land.

I have a pair of b200's and just need one more pair. dunno whether to use hyquaphons or ninka tweeters.

nah, they are sara9 b200's with sara9 boxes and crossovers.

you are welcome to borrow them once they are done , to compare them if you havent already heard the difference.

nah, they are sara9 b200's with sara9 boxes and crossovers.

you are welcome to borrow them once they are done , to compare them if you havent already heard the difference.

Would be interesting. Mine will have external crossovers with new components as well as the LP-2 tweeters just fitted.

At a slight tangent; does anyone know where to get right-angled banana plugs suitable for Sara9s. As Saras are best backed against a wall, I find the length of the normal banana plugs forces quite a gap between the back of the box and the wall. Would not right-angled plugs be better - are are they actually available?

right angled banana plugs can be had from naim and in order to fit them to saras just ditch the plastic carrier (or open up the holes)

Of sorry, saw you meant bananas.

BTW try toeing them in a bit, it really does help them focus better and give better stereo and depth.

right angled banana plugs can be had from naim and in order to fit them to saras just ditch the plastic carrier (or open up the holes)

I'd recommend ditching the Naim plastic spacers completely as they compromise connection quality regardless of associated equipment. The improvement is pretty shocking with stiff cable like NACA5 under tension near the pins on amp and speaker end when the 4mm pin and female jack align correctly for the first time after losing the spacers.

advertisement

Back