advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via the HD800s, plenty. Via loudspeaker, no, unless you could the CDQ->Alesis second system, or the Rogers DAB in the kitchen....

Sorry, I've been really busy solving some design issues...

Dominiks just wrapping up the Creek Audio amplifier software, so I'd like him to send a couple of days on the next MDAC software build - before he moves onto the next project.

A list of items that I'd like him to work on:-

1. Input Source naming

2. Add Mute function to "DAC Mode"

3. Correct error for discrete codes (Optical 1/2)

4, Ignore the first button press when coming out of "screen saver"'

Is there anything I've missed or we should add (ignoring the SQ enhancements)?

John

Dominiks just wrapping up the Creek Audio amplifier software, so I'd like him to send a couple of days on the next MDAC software build - before he moves onto the next project.

1. Input Source naming

John

Hi John

Belated Happy New Year.

Plus 'and to ignore the first button press when coming out of "screen saver"'

As per http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1768910&postcount=100

Will you only be upgrading vA.08?

Would it be possible to also upgrade the most popular SW versions?

For example, I'm using vA.05, until you get a moment to look into SQ differences, and would like continue with this version, upgraded, if possible.

Either way, look forward to the upgrade.

Hi John

Belated Happy New Year.

Plus 'and to ignore the first button press when coming out of "screen saver"'

As per http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1768910&postcount=100

Will you only be upgrading vA.08?

Would it be possible to also upgrade the most popular SW versions?

For example, I'm using vA.05, until you get a moment to look into SQ differences, and would like continue with this version, upgraded, if possible.

Either way, look forward to the upgrade.

Add to the list.

Sorry, Dom will be working from the A08 build... I'm not even sure how "Advanced" A06 was - have you tried the SQ of A08?

Add to the list.

Sorry, Dom will be working from the A08 build... I'm not even sure how "Advanced" A06 was - have you tried the SQ of A08?

I understand.

Not sure what you mean by 'I'm not even sure how "Advanced" A06 was' as I settled on vA.05.

Will give the upgraded vA.08 another go when available.

I understand.

Not sure what you mean by 'I'm not even sure how "Advanced" A06 was' as I settled on vA.05.

Will give the upgraded vA.08 another go when available.

Sorry, I thought you where on A06....

Yes, let me know what you think of A08 - try both Phase's

John

I presume that by "screen saver" you mean the Lakewest logo (not a dimmed screen with info still visible), right?

Yes, let me know what you think of A08 - try both Phase's
This might be the case of A08 sounding "worse", as the Phase Select is - if I remember correctly - set to Reverse by default. Though I may not remember it correctly :)

I presume that by "screen saver" you mean the Lakewest logo (not a dimmed screen with info still visible), right?

I Believe so, I've not looked into the details - just added to the list to take a look at when we work on the software build...

This might be the case of A08 sounding "worse", as the Phase Select is - if I remember correctly - set to Reverse by default. Though I may not remember it correctly :)

Yes - I recall that from the very early "A" series revisions there are two SQ "signatures" determined by the "Phase" selection... which is why I asked about A08 / A06 (A05)

1. Input Source naming

John
Thanks John. Very much appreciated :)

I'm not sure that 4. is necessarily a desirable feature, as this would make remote command macros/automation more complex and slower (for instance by adding the need to repeat some commands or to send a first command which does nothing in that particular context to wake the display...)

1. Input Source naming

John

John, probably would be ranked low on the priority list: you did mention a long while ago the possibility for MDAC to be a digital audio input device when connected via USB to a computer. Any chance this can appear in this or some future firmware version?

John, belated happy new year. Did you mention previously about "functional" DSD support in the MPAX? Could you explain what do you mean? Simple PCM conversion? DoP?

Hello!

Would it be much trouble when implementing 1. Input Source naming to also add option to disable selected inputs? This would make it faster to scroll through them.

Regards!

Hello!

Would it be much trouble when implementing 1. Input Source naming to also add option to disable selected inputs? This would make it faster to scroll through them.

Regards!

Good idea: there's not a lot of point from the user's perspective in displaying an unused input.

- Richard.

Good idea: there's not a lot of point from the user's perspective in displaying an unused input.

- Richard.

How would you suggest it is 'reactivated' if/when you do want to use it?

Would it not be simpler to just name it 'Not Used' or 'Spare' (depending maximum number of characters available)?

How would you suggest it is 'reactivated' if/when you do want to use it?

Would it not be simpler to just name it 'Not Used' or 'Spare' (depending maximum number of characters available)?

Agree with that. How much work do you want to make of it. Keep it simple, then this much awaited wish will soon come true. :D

I don't see any issue with enabling/disabling each input - should be simple to implement.

A workaround could be: set name to empty means disable input, set name to not empty enable input.

I don't see any issue with enabling/disabling each input - should be simple to implement.

A workaround could be: set name to empty means disable input, set name to not empty enable input.

If the input is set to empty/disable, how do you then set it to 'not empty/enable if it's empty/disabled?

Some PC mother boards/sound cards automatically know what inputs are in use/not in use but AFAIK the M-DAC does not have this facility.

One option is to do it similar way as the filters:
1) press and hold filter key,
2) short press to list through the filters,
3) long press to include or exclude them from the list

There are other options as well, let's leave it to John to judge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back