advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One option is to do it similar way as the filters:
1) press and hold filter key,
2) short press to list through the filters,
3) long press to include or exclude them from the list

There are other options as well, let's leave it to John to judge :)

Agreed.

It makes it (much) easier for other users to work out what to do when "i just want to play a CD"

Your suggested implementation, and as you say, many others, would be effective. As ever any decisions are up to the designers as to whether it's done, and if so, how it's done

I thought I read somewhere a PC is required for the latest versions of the firmware? Am I mistaken? I have a MacBook.

Another problem is my internet connection - here in Benson our internet is similar to dail up speed!!! Truly shocking!

I thought I read somewhere a PC is required for the latest versions of the firmware? Am I mistaken? I have a MacBook.

Another problem is my internet connection - here in Benson our internet is similar to dail up speed!!! Truly shocking!

The latest version has a mac installer: http://wikkii.org/wiki/M-DAC

and at 77KB shouldn't trouble your internet connection - if you can load this webpage (about 23KB) you can download the firmware.

/dom

JohnW,
may I ask for your estimation on when the MIMPs will be available? I've really no idea how long it takes to finalize the design and start mass production, so I'd like to know an estimate on when can I expect the units to be ready (and buy other equipment).

Ie. something like "march-april" or "june-july" (2013).

Thanks,
Jiri

JohnW,
may I ask for your estimation on when the MIMPs will be available? I've really no idea how long it takes to finalize the design and start mass production, so I'd like to know an estimate on when can I expect the units to be ready (and buy other equipment).

Ie. something like "march-april" or "june-july" (2013).

Thanks,
Jiri

Hi Jiri,

April-May...

Hopefully you will be able to listen to a pair before then as your just down the road...

Hi John

I just purchased a MDAC and I can say that is one of the most important improvements that have experienced my system.

When connecting my Oppo bdp83SE with the setting bitstream, I can display CD track time and number, but not heard anything on my system, however the setting lpcm get sound but no information on the screen.

If I play a dvd audio 24/96 with bitstream there is no problem, I get audio and information, is this right.

regards

Jose
Spain

The MDAC scored a group test win in the Feb 2013 edition of Hifi Choice.
Thanks for the info!
Funny, that there is not any information about the selected filter type.
No word about the different type of settings - curious.
Congratulation John - the best DAC !

Hi John,

I hope you are well! I dropped you a message last week sometime about upgrading my current MDAC... what would you recommend and what is possible at the moment? Would it be possible to send it o you? also, Will you be at the bristol Show this year... Maybe I can bring it then? Thanks. Himesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back