advertisement

MDAC first listen (part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCS just doesn't sound good on the more traditional dark woods, awful on Teak, barely listenable on Mahagony, but a nice piece of Spruce revelatory!
All dacs should come with a certificate of 'woodiness' which would enable you to match dac and plank.
Keith.

I heard it only works on plastic shelves, that must be where they go wrong at these demo's. God only knows how they manage in those hulking great racks that they use in studios...

You may choose to mock SQ ,but even the type of furniture polish can make a huge difference, setting up a dac doesn't just involve plugging it in!
KR Keith.

I'm not mocking Keith, the difference that removing the Liberon Oil finish from my Ns1000M's and refinishing them in natural bees wax made was so night and day that Diane could hear the difference while fulfilling her outdated maternal role in the kitchen.

I am glad you are starting to take the PROPER SETUP of a dac seriously at last,I can't remember the last time my wife fulfilled any marital role!
Keith.

And if you´re looking for a darker sound, choose the black version...

As a cabinet maker, for a 'darker sound' my recommendation would be American Black Walnut -as used in Bear hunting rifle butts.

Though of course UV light must be avoided as this turns the Walnut from 'dark chocolate' -to 'milk chocolate' in colour and thus will brighten the sound of any audio equipment. :eek:

Orders now being taken for M-racks - for MDAC.TDAC,MPAX,MAMP(S),BDAC,
in fact any audio equipment containing the letter 'A' :D

Why do you want to hunt a bear's butt?

Maybe a comma was required, betwixt the bear, and the butt, of the rifle !

apparently this was one of JW's distractions before someone half inched his night scope from the boot of his car....Someone mention boots? ;)

Ry Cooder- Bop Till You Drop

Slim chance, but anyone out there with experience writing Windows Drivers?

For the BDAC / TDAC we need a UAC2 USB Driver for XP upwards... It would be someone's chance to get both a BDAC and TDAC in exchange... :)

John

Slim chance, but anyone out there with experience writing Windows Drivers?

For the BDAC / TDAC we need a UAC2 USB Driver for XP upwards... It would be someone's chance to get both a BDAC and TDAC in exchange... :)

John
I wish I were a software developer~

With xlr they say the quality is improved and that if you tried to use the outputs for a rca only capable (hardwired) you wont gain anything because the topology is not using the full benefits of xlr in the first place. So is it safe to say the increase in quality is to do with the cable design rather than the internal struction of the xlr outputs ???.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back