advertisement

A thread to discuss great music you can't buy

Big Black / Atomizer. Although most of it is on the CD only 'Rich Man's 8-Track' comp, it's missing the last track (and the great sleeve art / liner notes of course). Really odd that T&G haven't issued it since all the other EPs/LPs are still in print.

And while I'm at it, PigPile desperately needs a legit DVD release and The Sound of Impact could do with a reissue (highly unlikely, under the circumstances)

Anything by "Last Exit"

which was the band Sting was in before heading off to The Police in 1977

I have one original pressing single, but I doubt the album(s) were ever kept by the original label

some information here

Some good news - The Chefs are to be the subject of a new release v soon wrapping up all their singles and Peel sessions. This is a very good thing.

Great- One of Peel's favourites they were....What about The Passmore Sisters back catalogue/Peel sessions, I loved them!

Female dominated post-punk/indie/Peel is where it is at. Good to see there is a decent looking Kleenex/LiLiPUT comp around.

Female dominated post-punk/indie/Peel is where it is at. Good to see there is a decent looking Kleenex/LiLiPUT comp around.

Scantily clad women making provocative poses whist playing guitars. Tattoos, ripped clothing, lyrics suggesting sexual promiscuity, daddy issues, low self esteem and alcohol fuelled lowered inhibitions.

What is the attraction?

I withdraw my remarks y'honour. I also apologise to m'learned friend for any offence caused. And would ask that she not sue, and let me keep my testicles.

Where to start - there are more good records missing than available. Some will return eventually

Dance Craze - film

Maynard Ferguson - messsage from newport

10cc 10 out of 10 and Look Hear never got released on CD

Credibility not dented here

Withdraw

Dave

I have a copy of 10 out 10 on CD (one of the first 'DDD' recordings I think) with the orig UK track listing (i.e. 'Survivor' is track 10).

I couldn't give a monkeys about credibility Dave, its a good album!

Where to start - there are more good records missing than available. Some will return eventually

Dance Craze - film

Maynard Ferguson - messsage from newport

I've got Message from Newport - a fiver from Record Collector in Sheffield about 20 years ago.

AFAICT, almost the entire On-U Sound back catalogue seems to have drifted out of print. This can't be true can it? Amazon has about 6 titles listed and the label itself only has a few new ones in it's store.

A few ECM sides have never made it to CD:

Miroslav Vitous Group - Self-titled
Ralph Towner/John Abercrombie - Five Years Later
John Clark - Faces

I don't imagine that a reissue of the John Clark album would cause chaos at the checkouts, but the other two are by well known ECM artistes, and should do reasonable box-office.

I used to have these on vinyl, but sold them during a techno phase in the early 90s...in the back of my mind expecting they'd soon appear on CD.

Also

The Great Jazz Trio (Hank Jones, Richard Davis, Elvin Jones) / Milestones.

Japan only vinyl I think and now oop. Good, if a little niiiiiiice, if you know what I mean.

I'd also rather like a physical copy of Herbie Hancock's Dedication, rather than the hooky copy I've had to make do with.

advertisement

Back