advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

They're easily the best speakers I've owned, and I've owned many.

For the first time in a long time, last night I listened via headphones after listening to the Tablette 10s all evening, the headphones sounded broken.
Great! Pleased to hear you're still enjoying them. I may well give them a try.

I appreciate that the Tablette 10s are some of the best monitors around at the moment and have no doubt they do sound excellent. It is refreshing to read these positive glowing remarks from existing owners.

Any idea when the Tablette 10 Signature will be released by Proac? I would appreciate if someone could compare the standard 10s to the 10 Signature and share the impressions here. I have been wanting to own a high quality mini-monitor that can last a lifetime but it didn't materialise all this while. I still have the Dali Mentor Menuets which sound pretty good but this Tablette 10s do look (and sound) quite special.

I'm in the market too for mini monitor and cannot quite pull the trigger on what to buy? And just when you think you are ready to commit, you hear of another on the horizon like Ryder mentions in the forthcoming Tablette 10 Signature.

They're easily the best speakers I've owned, and I've owned many.

For the first time in a long time, last night I listened via headphones after listening to the Tablette 10s all evening, the headphones sounded broken.

I echo Matts comments the Proac's are rather special.

Just adding further experiences here.

Endless position tweeking is reaping big rewards in my experience, just made a couple of slight adjustments and they've gone up yet another notch in my estimation.

I'd say to fellow owners don't just plonk them down, if you have the patience and are free from constraints when it comes to moving them around then definitely spend some time juggling them around.

That's good to hear Matt. The Tablette 10s are sounding real special there.

I am waiting for the Tablette 10 Signature with great anticipation. Does anyone know when this one will be launched?

Probably not everyone's taste, but just listening to Laura Marling Soothing, WOW she is in the room (I wish don't tell the wife) the Proac Tab 10 deliver a balance of music I haven't experienced before, emotional and to the point just wonderful it blows my mind how good these speakers are

If I substituted Harbeth P3-ESR for the Proac Tab 10, the rest of the above could stay exactly the same.

Just adding further experiences here.

Endless position tweeking is reaping big rewards in my experience, just made a couple of slight adjustments and they've gone up yet another notch in my estimation.

I'd say to fellow owners don't just plonk them down, if you have the patience and are free from constraints when it comes to moving them around then definitely spend some time juggling them around.

Hi Matt

Out of interest and for future references

How far do you place them from backwall ?
And toed in or straight ?
How large is your room dimensions in m2 ?
What stands do you use ?

Thanks

What sized room are owners using these speakers in?

I am looking for a small pair of standmounts for my lounge now that the Harbeth 30.1's are gone.

My lounge is 20ft by 12ft and would assume that they would be too small?

My room is similar size 25 x 12ft firing across the room, ceiling is low about 8ft.
Use Custom design RS303 stands with two lots of their filler in each post total weight about 38kg per stand, positioned 3 inch from the back with a slight toe in.

Hi Matt

Out of interest and for future references

How far do you place them from backwall ?
And toed in or straight ?
How large is your room dimensions in m2 ?
What stands do you use ?

Thanks

From the back wall they are about 43cm and they are slightly toed in, if I look straight ahead then they are firing past my ears so to speak.

They are about 2.5m apart and I sit slightly closer, probably 2m.

Room is a kitchen diner, approx 4m x 9m and they fire down the room. Stands are Target R4.

From the back wall they are about 43cm and they are slightly toed in, if I look straight ahead then they are firing past my ears so to speak.

They are about 2.5m apart and I sit slightly closer, probably 2m.

Room is a kitchen diner, approx 4m x 9m and they fire down the room. Stands are Target R4.

Thanks Matt

Quite a large room for such an little box speaker

Bit surpriced you have them that far out ?
Maybe your measurement are to the front of speaker rather than their backside ?

Cheers

No, that's from the rear of the speaker to the wall.

Yeah I guess the room is fairly big, but I'm only 2m from them so don't as it's an issue.

They sound great with 10w of Class A.

I went to have a quick listen to the Proacs today at a hifi shop in Preston. I am looking for a cheaper alternative to the Harbeth P3ESR's and hoping these would fit the bill.

They sounded very good - didn't blow me away but they were literally plonked on stands around 10 feet apart and 3 feet from the back wall and so some experimentation with positioning wouldn't have gone amiss.

Going to go back for a proper listen with some music I am more familiar with tomorrow and to play around with positioning.

As an aside I also listened to a pair of Ophidian Mojo's and was very, very impressed with these. The bass is phenomenal and they disappeared as a good mini monitor speaker should do.

Went to have another listen to the Proac 10' and Ophidians. Spent a couple of hours listening and messing with the position of the speakers.

No matter what I tried the Ophidians were better than the Proacs. I went in really wanting to like the Proacs. Maybe on different, heavier stands the would sound better.

I also tried the Proac Tablette Anniversary speakers and enjoyed them too. Just not as much as the Ophidians.

They won't be for everyone.

The Ophidians sound interesting, are they ported?

They are ported.

I have to say that I was astounded by the quality of them. I switched back and forth a few times as I really wanted to love the Proacs.

I was hoping that they would have a similar presentation to the Harbeth P3ESR's - decent bass form a tiny box - but I just couldn't get them to perform as I hoped unfortunately.

Maybe with different electronics and stands they would sound better. They are clearly liked by a lot of people.

Well to be fair I've not heard the Harbeths so I can't compare them. Would love to hear some, either around here or I could bring the Proacs to someone who has a pair for a bit of a bakeoff.

Shucks. So the Tablette 10s do not sound as good as the Harbeth P3ESR? It sounded more lightweight with less bass than the P3ESR?

advertisement

Back