advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Not a big fan of the NAP200 and prefer the more fun approach of the 100 also there is no redundancy in the 100 when paired with the 272 unlike other Naim amps that have a built in power supply (not 250 or higher) that is unused when 272 is connected.

Main reason for the Tablette 10 was close wall positioning which is crucial for me as I don't want speakers taking over the living room and mine are two inches from the back wall giving a nice bass response okay doesn't wake the neighbors up but is plenty and the right amount without bloating out the mid range.

The Tablette is so easy to drive and the 100 has plenty of power so no need to look up the chain of the bigger power amp.

Mid range and top end of the Tablette is jaw dropping and pairs beautifully with the Naim gear and is the best I have owned for a long time.

Thanks for the response. Damn, your post may have accelerated my plans for the Tablette 10s. Not too sure if they will be massively different from the Dali Mentor Menuets that I currently have. Based on my experience with the Tablette 50 Signatures I am convinced that the Tablette 10s will deliver, together with the Naims. The remark on the beautiful midrange and top end of the Proac Tablette is rather consistent.

Not the best pic, but you get an idea.

10mj152.jpg

Rip those links out strip back two inch of cable and bare wire trust me it makes a difference and no cost

Found this Youtube video on the Proac Tablette 10. It is interesting that the background shows the Harbeth Super HL5 (older model).

Does anyone know what are the round footers beneath the speakers? Has anybody used them, and if yes do they add anything to the sound? These guys surely take their hifi seriously. Not too sure what's the small little thing sitting on top of the speakers, and it has wires connected to it.

Tablette_10.png

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys surely take their hifi seriously.

Not really serious in my book

My first doubt, why place Tablette 10 way out in room ?

I have no idea about footers but market seem to be crowded with such stuff

Could the wires go to a homemade crossover which compensate said placement of the "10 ?
Or maybe its a supertweeter ?

Those little boxes on top may very well be Spec Corps. RSP series of add on stabilizer. Just a guess.

I would think they do take their systems and music just as seriously as any one of us, Per, just a very different way of expressing it. To each their own, different or not?

Nice!

@Per - they don't need to be hard up to the wall to perform, they work lovely even with 300mm behind them in my opinion.

@Per - they don't need to be hard up to the wall to perform, they work lovely even with 300mm behind them in my opinion.

Thanks Matt, thats nice to know even they look to be far more away from back boundaries in post #150

Your comment make me think my nSats can go maybe as far as 20-25 cm out

It really depends on the room too

Will definately try to get a listen at these exiting Tablettes, a pity they seem to be biwire only.

Indeed, and if they're around for much longer (ie end of the week) I'll go for them...

I'm not 100% convinced that the new Bryston/Target stands are the equivalent of the old- skool, lead loaded R1s.

Stewart Tyler informed on another forum that the Tablette 10 Signature will be launched this coming summer. Does anyone have any clues on this?

Stewart Tyler informed on another forum that the Tablette 10 Signature will be launched this coming summer. Does anyone have any clues on this?

Usually equates to a better bass driver spec, more upmarket veneer options and a little brass badge on the back. I assume some crossover tweaks to account for the bass driver change too. Could be interesting as past Sig models have been very nice speakers IMO.

advertisement

Back