advertisement

Who has heard the new Proac Tablette 10?

Couple of pics of the Tablette 10 along with my best pals :D

DSC_0797_zpslqvpou43.jpg

DSC_0799_zpsrk21m1fq.jpg

That looks all white.:cool:

Gawd, I'm tempted. But can anybody tell me, are these small sealed boxes likely to be more forgiving than ported designs in small awkward rooms. And what's the likely difference between these and similar speakers such as the equivalent Spender model and the cheaper Kralk BC30?

Stewart Tyler informed on another forum that the Tablette 10 Signature will be launched this coming summer. Does anyone have any clues on this?

Ryder
Will they be singlewire and exotic finish ?

Any idea how much more than £995 ?

Ryder

Doubt they will be single wire... can't really think of any of ProAc's models being single wire, certainly not the Tablette and smaller Response series -

Be fun if Tyler sticks one of his ribbon tweeters in the 10...

Usually equates to a better bass driver spec, more upmarket veneer options and a little brass badge on the back. I assume some crossover tweaks to account for the bass driver change too. Could be interesting as past Sig models have been very nice speakers IMO.

Yes, I suspect those would likely be the changes. The bass/midrange driver is usually different between the standard and Signature versions. Not too sure about the more upmarket veneer options with the Signature though as the ebony is as premium as it gets, IMO.

Ryder

PerF, no details from the man at the moment. This is the only information we have so far, the original post made by Stewart as follows:-

The Tablette 10 is a new Tablette design using a sealed enclosure instead of a ported enclosure. This means the Tablette 10 can go with its back against a wall, and still has great bass when stand mounting. There will be a Signature version in the summer. The DB3 however is slightly bigger than the Tab 10 and is ported. The Response DB3 means there is no need for Tablette Anniversary or Studio 118 as it is better than both of these. Launched in February 2017 they may not yet trickled through, but I am sure you will be amazed particularly in bass performance.

Not interested in the DB3 as it's ported. The comparison between the standard and Signature versions would be interesting. As much as I prefer a single pair of binding post I believe the bi-wirable terminals will be retained. I am not sure what other exotic finishes will be offered for the Signature though I have to say the current available finishes on the standard Tab 10s are rather good. High gloss finish? No thanks!

I hope the upcharge for the Signature version would not be too hefty.

Probably not everyone's taste but just listening to Laura Marling Soothing, WOW she is in the room (I wish don't tell the wife) the Proac Tab 10 deliver a balance of music I haven't experienced before, emotional and to the point just wonderful it blows my mind how good these speakers are

What is the proac 10 frequency response? Being designed to be placed close to the wall how low can the bass go?

What is the proac 10 frequency response? Being designed to be placed close to the wall how low can the bass go?

Being a sealed box, probably lower than most ported speakers of a similar size.

Being a sealed box, probably lower than most ported speakers of a similar size.

Depends on your definition of "going low". A ported speaker basically has a resonance that artificially raises bass response around the resonant frequency. Below that, response drops much steeper than with a sealed box. So if your limit is something like -6 dB, a ported box goes lower, but if you look at absolute response, a sealed box has some output at much lower frequencies than a ported box.

Depends on your definition of "going low". A ported speaker basically has a resonance that artificially raises bass response around the resonant frequency. Below that, response drops much steeper than with a sealed box. So if your limit is something like -6 dB, a ported box goes lower, but if you look at absolute response, a sealed box has some output at much lower frequencies than a ported box.

You don't have to port a speaker at fs. With higher Q woofers you can port at a lower frequency and get something nearer a sealed box roll-off (Hence the use of the words "probably" and "most").

Please could someone who owns a pair of the new Proac 10s post their dimensions? I've seen conflicting information online. I'm especially interested in their width and depth.

Thanks
Nigel

They're easily the best speakers I've owned, and I've owned many.

For the first time in a long time, last night I listened via headphones after listening to the Tablette 10s all evening, the headphones sounded broken.

advertisement

Back