advertisement

Trump Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think you are right Tony. Post Blair however I am not convinced. Seeking to be educated, informed and rational is, IMHO, unlikely to combat the forces of popularism with an increasing polarised society but I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

That Brexit will be a disaster is pretty much a given. I sincerely hope that once the idiots that argued so loudly against expert analysis and attempted to shame all rational critique and logic will realise the error of their ways when exactly what was predicted comes crashing down around them. Brexit is going to hurt, and it will hurt the least intelligent and financially able the hardest, though what that means politically long-term is anyone’s guess. I hope it eventually brings forth a more informed and enlightened mindset, but history tells us this is how totalitarianism/fascism gains a foothold too...

I hope it eventually brings forth a more informed and enlightened mindset, but history tells us this is how totalitarianism/fascism gains a foothold too...

This would appear to be the problem. The cause of their life's descent into misery and hardship will be the lowest common denominator from an intellectual POV. Whether that is the EU trying to "punish" the brave British people or banks seeking to profiteer from Britain's transition to global trading nation will be down to the Murdochs and Dacres of this world.

Your hope is that people will seek to be better informed and more educated on matters that impact their lives. History suggests that's sadly unlikely, hence the circular nature of political mood across nations. Fight the right wing BS with left wing BS and, with sufficient exposure, manpower, and intelligence, one might get a socially responsible government elected that can turn the tide. That's the limit of my hope for the UK right now.

. Brexit is going to hurt, and it will hurt the least intelligent and financially able the hardest, though what that means politically long-term is anyone’s guess. I hope it eventually brings forth a more informed and enlightened mindset, but history tells us this is how totalitarianism/fascism gains a foothold too...

The world appears to be moving swiftly to the right with increased nationalism and distrust of ‘experts’. With idiots like Trump in charge I expect more sabre rattling and someone like him ‘accidentally’ causing a major conflict. I’m not optimistic about the future - though I also recognise that people have been saying that as they get older forever.

Does anyone care what she is or was, since she's in no position of authority, and is now a private citizen?

I suspect she’d have had rather more to say about the KKK and assorted Nazi thugs bringing terrorism to Charlottesville than Max’s favourite Trump.

Where it all went tits up for the Tango Tweeto was, from the moment he won. He expected to be crowned like some all conquering Roman general and the first pin in the balloon was the inauguration and the total lack of crowd. To days later, see a literal sea of pink outside the WH in opposition to his very existence must have been the first time in the Tweeto's life that he realised that, "Shit... loads of people actually truly hate me", Bannon the total fruitloop and the likes of Miller had convinced the Tango Oaf that, "Oh yeah mate, the streets will be full of fat middle aged blokes with assault rifles guarding your every move". Problem is, something like 3% of the American gun owners own, 50% of all the firearms and most of them aren't interested in politics outside of their own tiny local scene. The Tweeto had looked at Putin's police state shamocracy and thought, "Yeah we can do that here, all we need is......". Russia ain't the USA though, Russia has had 20 odd years of anything approaching democracy in its' entire history. Putin had nothing much to destroy to take over, the roots were simply not embedded deeply enough. The Tweeto egged on by Mercer, Bannon and Putin thought he could do it because he's that self deluded and his mates were always going to facilitate that delusion.

This isn't a war between the USA and Russia this is war between literally the "Old Fossils" and the new generation that has grown up by default on the left of centre on virtually all human rights issues and the way they view our planet. Just as Islamic extremism is not about East v West at all its about the world liberalising its' whole thought pattern as a natural evolution and old money and religion desperate to keep hold of power. The Tweeto and Tories are doing exactly what Hitler did to Germany when he knew the war was lost. Tearing up the railway tracks, read Environmental protections and blowing up factories read the health system, out of spite because, if people are going to cast them aside then, they aren't worth taking into consideration.

Trump is quiet on so much, but whenever there's a chance to put the boot into a black man, you can't shut him up. As we saw with the NFL. And Sgt Johnson. It's looking like a pattern. His latest today...

"It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME. Too bad! LaVar is just a poor man’s version of Don King, but without the hair. Just think.."
"...LaVar, you could have spent the next 5 to 10 years during Thanksgiving with your son in China, but no NBA contract to support you. But remember LaVar, shoplifting is NOT a little thing. It’s a really big deal, especially in China. Ungrateful fool!"
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/933282274937733126

trump-bald.jpg

http://whywebecamehuman.com/trumps-hair/trump-bald/

Someone who would go well with Max:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...cbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.92f6d0a93cd2

You can see the Republican rationale for holding their noses and supporting Trump - they get their agenda through. Then, I suspect, they'll drop him like a hot potato, provided they're not too frightened of his support and Steve Bannon wanting to tear down the whole structure.
Tones, the Washington Post is an establishment propaganda mouthpiece. I doubt I'd have anything in common with any of the so-called 'journalists' who work for it.

But you watch; if the US starts a war, just how fast the 'journalists' of the WP start supporting 'their president' then...

Tones, the Washington Post is an establishment propaganda mouthpiece. I doubt I'd have anything in common with any of the so-called 'journalists' who work for it.

But you watch; if the US starts a war, just how fast the 'journalists' of the WP start supporting 'their president' then...
Sorry, Max, but I can't see that. Like the New York Times, the Washington Post has some conservative journalists, like the gentleman quoted above, but the editorial overall view is most definitely anti-establishment and is most definitely not spouting Trumpian propaganda. Why do you think that Trump constantly refers to the failing NYT?

The only war Trump is likely to start is with Iran - too many problems with starting a Korean one, and your favourite Middle Eastern nation-state would love it, as would the Saudis. Given that both the NYT and WP are solidly for the Iranian agreement, I can't seen them going into reverse and losing that much credibility. They'd have no audience left.

Tones are you seriously suggesting that the WP and NYT are anti-establishment ?

If so I can only assume that by establishment you mean the Trump regime.

I don't, I mean the establishment, which runs the country via Republican or Democratic regimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back