advertisement

The Leveson Inquiry Thread.

The executive editor of The Times was bloody shameless when interviewed by Paxman a couple of months ago. He had been so obviously briefed by the company on the correct party line and didnt bother with journalistic standards. It was toe curling. Murdoch has buggered that paper well and truly.

Bob, you big tease, give us a clue!

Cooky, BBC are being ultra careful, I think. May elections, purdah and all that.

Lord Putnam on Chunt,

""He [Hunt] now finds himself branded as having behaved, not impartially, but more like a dodgy ref, who not only demonstrates bias on the pitch, but ducks into the dressing room at half-time to offer advice."

The stinkier truth may be that the Prime Minister has been playing the same as Chunt but using Chunt to front it for him.

Call Mr. Coulson! The stranger to the truth is up today but it could turn out to be a bland out on a similar scale to James Murdoch's testimony. He wouldn't want to say anything that could be used against him in evidence at a later date, now would he?

They won't be allowed to go anywhere near phone hacking because the case is still under police investigation - sub-judice rules will apply.

But there should still be enough blood-letting on press/politician relationships to keep the masses entertained.

Yes, the nature of his relationship with and employment by the Prime Minister. That's the money shot. The hacking is small beer.

Dear me. Dec, I'd got a big bag of popcorn in for the Coulson appearance. 'Prime Minister' and 'money shot' have put me right off.

The most amusing revelation was Coulson printing the "politician, the coke and the hooker" story about none other than the now Chancellor of the Exchequer, then later being approached by Osborne to work for the Tories. It demonstrates that Osborne has a thick skin or how far he was prepared to bend over for Murdoch.

The preamble that Leveson and Jay gave this morning was interesting. They made it clear (again) that they are not there to prosecute the guilty. I think they are of the view that fish swim, dogs bark and newspapers do what businesses being fawned over by politicians do. Jay made it clear this morning that there is a bigger responsibility to behave on the politicians than the press (pace out and out law-breaking). Jay is using Coulson, and maybe Brooks tomorrow, as mere scene-setters for the difficult questions to the politicians. The criminal courts will deal with Coulson and Brooks.

Coulson looked like a shifty second hand car dealer. His answers had the same role played ring of inauthenticity to them as James Murdoch's. The preface of "I don't recall...." was wheeled out early and often. In the old days he could have relied on a front page in The Sun tomorrow of "Leveson Counsel is a cross dressing pooftah!" to shift the attention. I'm keeping a bottle of very good champagne on stand-by for his eventual sentencing. I'm looking forward to it almost as much as the Jubilympics.

I look forward to Dave commenting on Levenson's announcement today that Hunt and his shenanigans were nothing to do with him.

Nothing new..it was stated as soon as cameron made it known that there would be no parallel internal investigation whilst leveson was hearing evidence.

Did you miss what cameron was saying? It was very clear that Leveson would not judge the issue. What he can do is obtain the evidence from relevant people under oath and with examniation by QCs. Following which the govt can decide whether there is a case to be answered.

CHunt has asked News Corp for advice on phone hacking, according to Rebekah Brooks. This is a bit like asking Hitler if he was a Nazi.

Meanwhile Call Me Dave used to sign his texts to her with Lol, which he thought meant lots of love.

Shady Dave and CHunt are still trying to get away with all of their dodgy deals, like the typical Tory twats they are.

Jack

Don't you think that the revelation that Dave doesn't know what lol means is a diversion used by rrebekahh to distract the inquiry from more important matters? I think the whole sad chums issue is being subverted by clever people.

JH is obviously for the bucket. The Pm wants to wait until the leveson inquiry finishes and he can decide whether he will just need to sack JH, the chancellor or himself. Damage limitation.

advertisement

Back