advertisement

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Theresa's latest utterance on world peace is apparently as follows: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41973043

The successful completion of a Brexit trade deal will help counter the threat posed by Russia to European security, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.

She cited the use of disinformation and cyber warfare and Russia's alleged meddling in elections as proof of its aim to "undermine free societies".

The UK did not want "perpetual confrontation" with Russia but would protect its interests, she added.

Paywalled, alas. Any chance of an executive summary?
Hammond is considering reducing the VAT threshold for small businesses from the current £85 K to somewhere like £20K. This could raise 2 bn for the Treasury but comes with the risk of a business and political backlash.

Hammond is considering reducing the VAT threshold for small businesses from the current £85 K to somewhere like £20K. This could raise 2 bn for the Treasury but comes with the risk of a business and political backlash.

Wow. I’ve recognised for a very long time that Tories absolutely hate small business, they do everything they can to slant the field away from the little guy and towards their corporate billionaire-backers/owners, but I would have thought that was a step too far even for them. That will drag all the taxi drivers, white van drivers, hairdressers etc into a far more complex accounting system, and hopefully it will be enough for them to lose the next election by a good margin.

I really, really hope this doesn't happen.

It would be an astonishingly stupid thing to do, apart from being vote looseingly unpopular it would drive many one man businesses into the black economy or bankrupt and require a vast army of officials to enforce.

It would be an astonishingly stupid thing to do, apart from being vote looseingly unpopular it would drive many one man businesses into the black economy or bankrupt and require a vast army of officials to enforce.

Add them to the manpower ledger at the Ministerium of Brexit. The whole enterprise is going to make the electrification of the Soviet Union look like Boris's garden bridge.

DOsEKvPWkAAl6Bh.jpg

https://twitter.com/PrivateEyeNews/status/930842466059735040

They've now appointed Sarah Newton as minister of state for disabled people, health and work at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Her responsibilities will include cross-government disability issues; work and health strategy, including sponsorship of the Joint Work and Health Unit; disability employment, including Disability Confident, Work Choice, Access to Work, the Work and Health Programme and mental health in the workplace; support for those at risk of falling out of work, including occupational health and Statutory Sick Pay; and oversight of the Health and Safety Executive and the Office for Nuclear Regulation.

According to the website They Work for You, Newton has “generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights”. :rolleyes:

Sadly despite being so inept many people are taken in by the trash talk and I frankly would not bet against them having another joyous spell of ruining lives.
Why they will remain in power through at least the next election, propaganda is a Tory speciality, the masses lap it up.

What is really needed in the budget today is.......a distraction. If Hammond doesn't achieve that, he's toast.

I hate the bastards with a vengeance but the last thing I want is for the scumbags to get out of having to face the brexit shitstorm they are 100% responsible for.

I want to see their heads on spikes.

My irony-meter just broke (apologies in advance for Canary link but I believe the story is accurate):

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2017/11...ht-good-idea-open-food-bank-went-well-images/

Steve Brine, Conservative MP for Winchester, opens a new branch of a local food bank and sees fit to tweet about it. The same Conservative MP returns to the House of Commons and continues to vote for benefit cuts and other policies that will drive people into poverty and starvation, forcing them to rely on food banks.

His final comment is beautiful: "God bless them all" is straight out of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol".

My irony-meter just broke (apologies in advance for Canary link but I believe the story is accurate):

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2017/11...ht-good-idea-open-food-bank-went-well-images/

Steve Brine, Conservative MP for Winchester, opens a new branch of a local food bank and sees fit to tweet about it. The same Conservative MP returns to the House of Commons and continues to vote for benefit cuts and other policies that will drive people into poverty and starvation, forcing them to rely on food banks.

His final comment is beautiful: "God bless them all" is straight out of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol".

On a similar theme, here's what George "Austerity - Housing Bubble - Benefit Cuts" Osborne is up to this Xmas...

DPvx3RWX4AEdUcR.jpg

That Chris Grayling was on TV a few minutes ago starting every incoherent sentence with “So, ...”. Tories can now be filed under ‘bloody irritating’ as well as the usual ‘incompetent’, ‘duplicitous’, ‘corrupt’ etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back