advertisement

The forthcoming demise of the Conservative minority government, May 2017-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
It looked like they'd ditch May in order to survive to the next scheduled election in 2022 but now they are being harried on all fronts. Corbyn's Labour barely have to lift a finger but just sit back and wait for the implosion. It's smelling like October 1996 all over again.

They will stagger on for a while longer and in advance of any election will start a campaign of personal attacks and smear tactics as they usually do.

Sadly despite being so inept many people are taken in by the trash talk and I frankly would not bet against them having another joyous spell of ruining lives.

I think she will do a reshuffle. If that doesn't work it will be a new leader - who though I have no idea and neither do they.
I think the eventual nail will come if no deal is reached and then 3-6 month after with the economic confusion. Mid 2019 my bet.
Then we will have real economic Armageddon with JC.

The smearing has already started.
The Telegraph is running a Labour are all Soviet stooges campaign citing appearances on RT.

I think she will do a reshuffle. If that doesn't work it will be a new leader - who though I have no idea and neither do they.
I think the eventual nail will come if no deal is reached and then 3-6 month after with the economic confusion. Mid 2019 my bet.

So you don't think a tory hard Brexit would cause economic armageddon?

... September 2019.

The Tories will do their best Comical Ali impression, but the culmination of a summer of food shortages and riots will be the collapse of the Government.

I’ll be most surprised if they go before ensuring the UK’s post-Tory-Brexit future is a total mess. They’ll go when even the thickest Sun, Mail and Express reading voters understand what they have done, and not before. I pity the next government who has to clear up after this shower of utter idiots. They’ll inherit a failed Brexit strategy, a stagnant economy, a crashed currency, a collapsed credit rating and an increasingly angry and divided population. Cameron and May will certainly go down as the worst leaders in living memory and the two governments that did the most lasting damage to their nation.

PS I have a tenner at 7/1 on them going in 2019, i.e. after they have totally failed their Brexit bullshit.

The Tories and Brexit are symptoms of what is going wrong with societies across the planet right now as we all shout inside our echo chambers and become emboldened and extreme in our views.

The polarisation of society is unlikely to reverse without a catastrophic event such as a global conflict and the attendant losses.

... and it was all Labours fault.

The End

So you don't think a tory hard Brexit would cause economic armageddon?

This isn't a Tory brexit. It is a brexit voted for by the country not a party. There is only brexit not hard or soft. We are in or out.
I think brexit would cause harm in the 1-5 years but longer term there is a chance it could be beneficial for the country but I wasn't comfortable in the end going into the unknown which is why I voted remain.

One thing I would stake my entire wealth on though is that JC and the marxists (sound like a band) will devastate this country. I don't want either party in power if I'm honest in their current guise but as both are going to deliver brexit I think the Tories will do less damage. Brexit is one thing. Brexit plus Marxism would be Armageddon.

Do you really think they'll last that long Tony?

They are very stupid and very greedy. As I understand it under current HoC rules a fair number of them would have to vote in a no confidence vote on themselves to be toppled. They won’t do that. They also won’t call an election they know they will lose. Trough first, country second. Always.

2019 represents the point where their failure is absolute and undeniable. At that point there is nowhere to hide, nothing to cling onto (assuming they don’t just become the political wing of the EDL and actively stir up racism and division, but even then enough would desert them that they toppled).

This isn't a Tory brexit. It is a brexit voted for by the country not a party. There is only brexit not hard or soft. We are in or out.
I think brexit would cause harm in the 1-5 years but longer term there is a chance it could be beneficial for the country but I wasn't comfortable in the end going into the unknown which is why I voted remain.

One thing I would stake my entire wealth on though is that JC and the marxists (sound like a band) will devastate this country. I don't want either party in power if I'm honest in their current guise but as both are going to deliver brexit I think the Tories will do less damage. Brexit is one thing. Brexit plus Marxism would be Armageddon.

If it walks like a tory brexit, quacks like a tory brexit, then it probably...

Tory idea to have a referendum.
Tories in government when held.
Tories predominantly espousing leave.
Tories running off, resigning, hiding and generally sh1tting themselves when the result comes in.
Tories handling negotiations with skill and aplomb, as they have demonstrated across the board to date.

Whoops, forgot tories holding an election on the platform of validation of their hard brexit stance, losing their mandate and their majority, so in with the terrorists...does that make it a terrorist brexit? If you like, but I'm good with it being a TORY BREXIT.

Hilarious. The triumph of blind faith over reality.

Also, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

They ‘ll go the full term. What would be the benefit of doing otherwise? They are not fools, they know full well the chances of winning the next election are not high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back