advertisement

The Detectorists

The Wicki on The Detectorists makes interesting reading, apart from giving names of performers it says that it was a single camera production so that means a lot of clever cutting and reshooting of actions eg the auction room sequence.

I wait for some one from the video world to tell us what it really means.

Loved the repeat of the Christmas episode tonight.

I hadn't seen it before and it's a really nice bridge between series 2 and 3.

It's a beautiful, humane series.

The Wicki on The Detectorists makes interesting reading, apart from giving names of performers it says that it was a single camera production so that means a lot of clever cutting and reshooting of actions eg the auction room sequence.

I wait for some one from the video world to tell us what it really means.

Single camera is the norm for non studio drama. Similar production style to a feature film. Studio based multi-camera drama is pretty much restricted to sit coms and soaps these days.

Thanks
So each scene is repeated or sections are repeated so as to get different views or angles. Approximately how long would it take to shoot a single episode of the Detectorists?

Thanks
So each scene is repeated or sections are repeated so as to get different views or angles. Approximately how long would it take to shoot a single episode of the Detectorists?
That's right. Not sure what the shooting schedule would be - I've never done a drama shoot of this sort. I would bet on several days shooting per episode though.

I watched the final episode again last night. So many memorable lines and scenes. Difficult to choose just one, but when they were in the field Terry looked at Sheila and the look was one of pure love. Almost with a tear in his eye, not a word needed to be spoken. Superb acting.

My wife watched the recorded Christmas one with me last week, having no idea of the prog. She went upstairs and watched the entire last series on iPlayer; loved it.

I watched the final episode again last night. So many memorable lines and scenes. Difficult to choose just one, but when they were in the field Terry looked at Sheila and the look was one of pure love. Almost with a tear in his eye, not a word needed to be spoken. Superb acting.

Yes, that did it for me too. The whole of the last episode was wonderful though, as is the entire series. I wish more TV drama/comedy was like it.

A World exclusive for pfm!

The plot involves Andy Stone being radicalised by the far right.

DTHasu_NWk_AEb_RUJ.jpg

advertisement

Back