advertisement

The Detectorists

now funny you should open this thread . some friends of ours have just found some amazing coins and scrolls and all sorts of antiquities in a cave in a country in the middle east . they just emailed us what to do but from the look of it , it would be priceless . some looks arabic and christian scrolls . incredible eh . we advised them to contact british museum but presumably this stuff belongs to the country concerned

Yep, looking forward to the final series starting this week.

Also, Motherland starts its first series this week, after a very promising pilot.

Brilliant! Many thanks for the heads-up. Strange that such a popular series should be stuck away at that time on BBC4 though.

We just watched the first two seasons on Netflix. I thought it was brilliant. Far more subtle and thoughtful than I expected. Looking forward to the new one as well.

And I fancy a detector....mustn't go there...

I loved the first two series. A truly funny but utterly relaxing and gentle watch.

And Rachel Stirling lights up the screen whenever she appears.

Wonderful stuff.

Mull

Great, gentle, comedy which amply rewards the engagement with the characters and story lines.

Only discovered it when both series were repeated this year - too distracted by other things to pick up on the first showings. Bought the DVD to cheer up a sick relative (not in the UK) who also loved it. Great acting - the main players, McKenzie Crook (depth of talent as the writer) and Toby Jones, Rachel Stirling - in particular.

Apart from W1A (brilliant, exactly!), not much comedy on the BBC grabs me these days. The Apprentice used to be a good fall back, but for some time I’ve been finding it just a bit too cringe worthy!

Probably because from the BBC perspective of their 'Head of Output' :

“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better,”

;)

advertisement

Back