advertisement

The Archers

The one memorable? thing my music teacher taught me and the rest of the oicks in my class was how to play the tune that is "Barwick Green" or "The Archers" (fecking useless teacher)

Back in the day we only had a radio and the Archers at 6.45pm was the last thing we were allowed to listen to until being kicked off to bed.

Memorable plot lines:
1. The fire at the stables and Grace snuffing it. (Done as a spoiler as the episode went out on the same night ITV was launched)
2. Tom Forrest shooting Ned Larkin's brother.
3. The RAF jet crash and the pilot found floating in a sewage farm.

Up until about 15 years ago I would listen to the 1.45pm repeat everyday but lost interest when the plot lines became like Eastenders and the characters were not as strong.

For me Nelson was the best radio villain ever and the way he shafted his poor loyal and long suffering dad Walter "Me ole pal, me ole beauty" Gabriel beggared belief. Still Walter was always after getting inside Mrs P's drawers but was always chopped off at the knees in his endeavours.

Mmmmn and I stopped listening because the plot lines were iffy.

The new plot line is up there with the best, you should really try and catch up, you know it makes sense.

Bloss

The big one this Sunday, 1hr session on jury outcome.
will have to watch p&q's, as my son and I were nearly barred last night after
finding amusing Helen's mum (Pat) cry of anguish.

Bloss

What a cop out, why did we not hear why the jury changed their minds, at least 3 or 4 thought she was guilty including the foreman.
Katherine Tate played her part well I thought.

Bloss

What a cop out, why did we not hear why the jury changed their minds, at least 3 or 4 thought she was guilty including the foreman.
Katherine Tate played her part well I thought.

Bloss

Yeah, I thought I'd had a narcoleptic episode, 25% of the narrative went awol, what happened there?

The chairman turned out to be another Rob Titchenor and the rest of the jury realised that and swung against him. They realised he was trying to to coercively manipulate them.

Still a few ends hanging - will Rob get get charged with the various crimes, will Charley tell Justin that Rob is a bad egg, will Social Services give Henry back to Helen full time. Will Rob get booted out of the village. Will Ursula explode, will Rob's father spontaneously erupt into flames. People need to know.....

The chairman turned out to be another Rob Titchenor and the rest of the jury realised that and swung against him. They realised he was trying to to coercively manipulate them.

When I say "what happened there?" I didn't mean I didn't understand but yep I'm sadly hooked on this panto..

Well, it was obvious that the really guilty party was Rob Titchener's father. And you just know he voted Brexit too.

Still a few ends hanging - will Rob get get charged with the various crimes, will Charley tell Justin that Rob is a bad egg, will Social Services give Henry back to Helen full time. Will Rob get booted out of the village. Will Ursula explode, will Rob's father spontaneously erupt into flames. People need to know.....

Suppose I was hoping to hear the foreman suffer a tad.

Plenty to get your teeth into in the coming seasons, we could have an awful long wait for some of these resolutions.

Bloss

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom