advertisement

The Archers

Yes

And I haven't heard an episode for weeks. It was obvious he was a wrong 'un form the get go.

(And I feel a need to comfort Helen)

Rob is an interesting character. Ultimately, yes, he is a piece of bad work. The interesting bit is how he justifies it to others - and himself. I enjoyed the whole fair play on the cricket pitch thing very much, for example.

Wasn't there something close to a sexual assault a little while back?

Rob is an interesting character. Ultimately, yes, he is a piece of bad work. The interesting bit is how he justifies it to others - and himself. I enjoyed the whole fair play on the cricket pitch thing very much, for example.

Wasn't there something close to a sexual assault a little while back?

Some observant points here and a good knowledge of previous episodes.
I have a faint recollection of an assault but others here deny any knowledge of.

Tv is easier because you could see their dress code and identify them easier.
Rob I feel sure would have suede shoes, bow tie and possibly a moustache, a true cads outfit.

Bloss

I've not listened regularly for 15 years (though only through timing circumstances).

Sounds a bit racey nowadays, but perhaps I'll make an effort to catch up. I assume it's on catch-up nowadays, so maybe bedtime listening.

I went off the Archers when they had 'The Flood' in Ambridge,
but I am back following it by listening to the Sunday Omnibus broadcast.

If you look at the Actor who plays Rob he, somehow, looks the part...

Martyn

wow talking about an un pfm topic

Hello my names is Derek and I am addicted to listening to The Archers, I have been listening since 1962 and since podcasts came about I have not missed an episode.

The flood was an unusual series of episodes it took all week to to illustrate a nights adventures.

When is Charley going to Hungary to find the witness to Robs blocking of the drain.

If Brian becomes chairman of the board again then we can forget the last two years.

Will Matt Crawford come back?

Will I live long enough to find out the answers to all my questions?

It can't be easy for you, I am married to an addict so I have some idea of the pressures involved.

The flood seemed to drag on for 40 episodes. Charley may be gone for good, unless Adam pines for him.
Addict here not convinced Rob was involved in flooding incident or pilfering stock/dosh from management. Brian may well retire we all agree on and Matt Crawford could become Chairman and embezzle a few shillings.

I am not sure anyone can outlive the Archers.

Bloss

Rob is the grandson of Doris Archer and Tom Forrest who had an incestuous relationship back in 1940.
He is embittered because he has missed out on the family money and is wreaking his revenge.

Like The One Show, the first bar of The Archers theme music has me scrambling for the channel button. It's been a conditioned reflex since childhood. Coronation St. is the same.

That Flood was a bad move in the ongoing Archers' plot.
There was quite a bit on the R4 'Feedback' programme,
and the Archers' Editor more or less agreed.
R4 Editors are like ( most ) Politicians.
Never admitting they 'Got It Wrong.'

Martyn.

advertisement

Back