advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
001.jpg

Healthy hunk of vinyl, and a few familiar spines. What are the power amps?

I'll Naim that system:- lp12 ekos akiva gs sub funk top plate and dc motor.
Icon audio PS3 phono stage. no pre. creek is for the occasional cd and tuner.
Icon audio MB 845 mono blocks. Proac response 2.5.

That vinyl collection has taken over 40 years and there is more upstairs. I built
that rack and it was full straight away my how the wife laughed. Still retiring soon
and will modify it by junking her videos but you cant get black conti or whatever they
call it now

We really should have a record collection pics thread. Someone go and start one.

Tony.

I was planning on doing just that when the C6's house renovations are complete. Running a tad late though...I wanna see DS's.

001.jpg

Healthy hunk of vinyl, and a few familiar spines. What are the power amps?
Hi, you desperately need to strengthen your vinyl shelving. I had a shelf collapse, circa 1987 and lost a couple of good -uns. There is no truth in the rumour that I am a carpenter.

I can see Sky 2 on the LP shelf too.[/QUOTE]

Yes and their first also. Must give 'em a play. good eyesight mate.

Do you find yourselves forgetting what albums you have? I do, and the wife made a file of every one of 'em which I keep updated mostly from charity shops now. Right now I'm listening to a mint copy of Human League Dare
3.99 Oxfam

Hi, you desperately need to strengthen your vinyl shelving. I had a shelf collapse, circa 1987 and lost a couple of good -uns. There is no truth in the rumour that I am a carpenter.

Me neither, when I built them one of the kids pointed out they were sagging some 1" batton from the bottom up did the trick. watch 'en all collapse now Ive said that. :eek:

BTW those 845's really do take control of speakers.

Never thought I'd go valve till heard that combi really blew me away and still does after over 12 month's.
Ive put aver 450 hours on that Akiva since mid November 2010.

I'll Naim that system:- lp12 ekos akiva gs sub funk top plate and dc motor.
Icon audio PS3 phono stage. no pre. creek is for the occasional cd and tuner.
Icon audio MB 845 mono blocks. Proac response 2.5.

That vinyl collection has taken over 40 years and there is more upstairs. I built
that rack and it was full straight away my how the wife laughed. Still retiring soon
and will modify it by junking her videos but you cant get black conti or whatever they
call it now

I thought I recognised them from somewhere. I run PS2 and Stereo 60. I was thinking about a PS3, or doing something really stupid like a Manley Steelhead.

What are the 845s like?

I thought I recognised them from somewhere. I run PS2 and Stereo 60. I was thinking about a PS3, or doing something really stupid like a Manley Steelhead.

What are the 845s like?

Jonathan, I love the 845's Ive had heard a stereo 40 but the 845's are in a different league, I was gobsmacked. with the PS3 and only one sauce I dont use a pre. I just swap cables for the very rare times I play a CD.

Thanks.

Maybe I should pop down to Leicester and get them to set up Stereo 60 vs 845s. I know they have Quads from Classique down there.

Thanks.

Maybe I should pop down to Leicester and get them to set up Stereo 60 vs 845s. I know they have Quads from Classique down there.

Jonathan. Mine are the mk1 signatures Icon's site is showing a price rise to £4200, £900 up but a search on google shows dealers and dealers on ebay still at the old price.

Lovely pics Keith, having had the pleasure of listening to them with you, they sound great. Very nice simple set up.

Steve

Steve takes credit for helping me set them up so meticulously. Getting room and speaker to interface as harmoniously as possible is a precise art. Thanks Steve for your attention to detail.

Time for an update, as I have some new speakers to show off! Fact8's in Graphite poplar finish:D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/nitrous_cyclings/System 2011/SL270863.jpg

As I had trouble finding good images of the Fact's different finishes when I was ordering attached is also a shot of the demo pair in Tiger ebony, just in case anyone wants to know what they are like;)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/nitrous_cyclings/System 2011/SL270855.jpg

Rest of system is LP12 maple plinth, keel, radical/Urika-Dynamiked, Akiva Nac202,HiCap,Nap200, CD5xs, nDac. All power cables are Chord, speaker cable is Chord Epic.

All working really well together, I'm chuffed with the sound:D:D:D

Time for an update, as I have some new speakers to show off! Fact8's in Graphite poplar finish:D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/nitrous_cyclings/System 2011/SL270863.jpg

As I had trouble finding good images of the Fact's different finishes when I was ordering attached is also a shot of the demo pair in Tiger ebony, just in case anyone wants to know what they are like;)

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o6/nitrous_cyclings/System 2011/SL270855.jpg

Rest of system is LP12 maple plinth, keel, radical/Urika-Dynamiked, Akiva Nac202,HiCap,Nap200, CD5xs, nDac. All power cables are Chord, speaker cable is Chord Epic.

All working really well together, I'm chuffed with the sound:D:D:D

Ooh ah, that looks like a seriously good system Sir; Groove on.

ESL 57 had been put away to the side. DIY Horn it is and i went from a 2 way at the end of last year to the current active 4 way ( plus Townshend supertweeter)

I'm using an Accuphase F-25 active crossover and quad amping with 3 single ended triode amplifiers ( Yamamoto A-08s 45 set, 2x300B SET) on the 2 horns + Fostex TA-500mk2 horn tweeter and Quad II-Fortu push pull on the 98dB 15 inch woofers.

It sounds effortless, dynamic, big, extended ( orchestral music) while still has a nice tone. Nice and warm in winter too.:D

4wayunderlight.jpg

P1070147.jpg

4waynocterevAug2011.jpg

GoldenTube300Bclose.jpg

Is that a little Bottlehead Crack I see sneaked into that awesome setup?

What do you think of it? Are you running it stock?

my kinda system .......

ESL 57 had been put away to the side. DIY Horn it is and i went from a 2 way at the end of last year to the current active 4 way ( plus Townshend supertweeter)

I'm using an Accuphase F-25 active crossover and quad amping with 3 single ended triode amplifiers ( Yamamoto A-08s 45 set, 2x300B SET) on the 2 horns + Fostex TA-500mk2 horn tweeter and Quad II-Fortu push pull on the 98dB 15 inch woofers.

It sounds effortless, dynamic, big, extended ( orchestral music) while still has a nice tone. Nice and warm in winter too.:D

4wayunderlight.jpg

P1070147.jpg

4waynocterevAug2011.jpg

GoldenTube300Bclose.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back