1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System pics 2011

Discussion in 'reference' started by Gromit, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Well...the second system has mostly gone. However, I've finally sourced the turntable I've lusted after for years: I've just bought a Trio L-07D :D

It's in pretty good condition, but missing the original headshell. I'm likely to send it onto Richard at Vantage for a service (it hasn't been used for some years, but starts up incredibly quickly, keeps speed, completely silent, and arm bearings smooth as a very smooth thing).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is just beautiful in both aesthetics and engineering. I look at the elaborate construction and yearn for the days of over-engineered stuff. However,it's such a huge and heavy thing, that I haven't got a table large enough for it yet. It certainly won't sit on the existing wall mounted stand in the main system - it overshoots it. Looking at options :)

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Superb stuff, that looks like a really clean and tidy L07D. They just don't make 'em like that any more...

Tony.

3. DavidY80

DavidY80 Not RoHS Compliant

Oooh I've always wanted one of those. The only one I've seen recently was smashed to pieces.

What cartridge are you putting in it?

4. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Don't know about cartridge yet: may swap over the Ortofon Cadenza Blue from the other t/t, but I quite fancy trying a Benz. Problem is, buying the t/t has skinted me, so I'm looking for a 2nd hand m/c, poss 200-300 hours on it.

And a headshell.

5. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Oooh Theo I've just had a 'trouser' moment. That's gorgeous. :)

I can't bear to see a chap without a headshell so I'll do you a deal on my nearly-new (one month old) Sumiko if you're interested. Will email you.

6. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Thank you Richard! :D

7. pickwickpapers

pickwickpapers less than that, actually

do you have the periphery weight - I guess so, but just not pictured?

Richard (Vantage) does replacements anyway, doesn't he?

8. Theo

Theo pfm Member

I don't have the Trio periphery ring, but I do have another one which should work just as well.

Richard will (hopefully) sort me out a few bits and pieces.

9. freefallrob

freefallrob pfm Member

Well not very pretty, but sounds better than the sum of parts;-)

Modified Numark TT100 Direct drive / RB301 / Ortofon 2M Blue.

[​IMG]

Creek CAS4040

[​IMG]

EPOS M12i

[​IMG]

10. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

11. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

KeithL love the first pic.

12. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Lovely room Keith. I am thinking of trying vintage Tannoys and was thinking of the Cheviot. Why did you go for them rather than others? Also can you tell me a bit about the stands?

13. tolot

tolot Member

14. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

Hi MVV,

I took a punt on them, confident that if I didn't like them I could pass them on for little loss. I bought them from ebay with re-coned drivers by Lockwood. The seller advised me to raise them to tame any bass boom. I experimented with several different heights and ended up with 300mm stands. I commissioned a metal worker to make the bespoke stands for £160.

3 months later I knew they were keepers so I got them resprayed. I was toying with the idea of reveneering but decided to keep the original Crown Walnut. They sound clearer with the grilles removed.

PM me if you want more info.

Keith

15. pickwickpapers

pickwickpapers less than that, actually

16. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Here you go Keith, hope you don't mind - lovely room and setup by the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Very nice looking system! What are the speakers?:)

18. Robert

Robert Tapehead

Great looking pair of Tannoys and a very sweet looking system.
    I love the look of the Weiss kit. The big coloured buttons and solid plain looks - proper kit :)

19. naimnut

naimnut Deep in the Mines of Soul

What modifications did you make to your Numark? I have the same turntable and have been thinking of replacing it with a Technics. The reason I bought this one is that I got it at a very reasonble price (ex-dem) and because of its features - speed +/- 20%, plays backwards, and 33/45/78 rpm. I use it for the garage sale/ dirty used disks.

20. ArtK

ArtK British HiFi Nut!

Looks like Rega arm for one thing. Fascinating to know how much difference that made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.