advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
36431277914_de14197b28_b.jpg

I toyed with getting an Art lens but was influenced by the patchy reviews on the web they seemed to be not consistent performers and ended up with the Nikon 24mm f1.8.

Pete

From personal experience, I agree with the reviews. My 35/1.4 ART was perfect, but my 50/1.4 ART wasn't. However, it was relatively easy to calibrate the focus and it's now stunningly accurate.

As Cesare has said, I see the main drawback as being the weight. I have three 50mm lenses (50/1.8D, 50/1.2 Ai-S and 50/1.4 ART). Much to my surprise, the manual focus 50/1.2 is the lens which gets the most use these days. The 50/1.8 permanently lives on my Nikon F80 for film stuff and the 50/1.4 ART is reserved for 'special occasions'. It's the best optical performer of the lot, but mainly due to weight, it rarely finds itself in my camera bag. (I really need to go out with just the 50/1.4 ART one day to see what it's really capable of when used in anger...)

Lefty

Just got a message in Flickr from bbc springwatch twitter saying they are using a picture of mine as it's cover photo!

Pete

Well done Pete :)

Screen_Shot_2017_09_20_at_15_41_16.png

I bet they be payin' mad pirate Pete no doubloons for his fine work, damn their hides!

Thanks for the kind words chaps and agreed about the standard of images on show - a regular source of inspiration!

Here's another from my wander in the woods at the weekend:

Veil by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tamron 70-200mm f2.8

Lefty

That's a great (but sad) photo Richard - the flowers in my garden are looking much the same :( However, I've planted some snowdrop and crocus bulbs so hope to have some colour come late winter / early spring :)

Paul - that's gorgeous! Looks even better when viewed large on Flickr

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back